Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Morning Land Sesh - short vid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Jul 07, 06 6:22 am    Morning Land Sesh - short vid Reply with quote

With so much drama in the PNW it's time to fire up a hippie speed-ball and hit the sand! Summer House has the new MBS Core 6 land boards on demo. Now there's no excuse to loaf away the morning burn-off!

Very Happy 2 minutes Very Happy

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2256449170073387139

P.S. Thanks for filming TC! Sorry about the collision at the end!

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostFri Jul 07, 06 7:11 am    Landboards are so much fun when light Reply with quote

are you selling them? I'm looking for something for a 220 lbs. ,on the beach type riding

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Jul 07, 06 7:22 am     Reply with quote

Yeah! I have a Core-16 that I will part with for $175. It's got less than 10 sessions on it with new berring packs. Barfly has some newer-smaller-lighter models in his demo fleet he may be willing to sell off....you can PM him.

Very Happy

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostFri Jul 07, 06 8:52 am     Reply with quote

That looks like fun although I would be super worried about getting plowed into the sand. HOw controllable are those boards? Can you edge hard enough to slow down if you get trucking? I would love to give it a try but I'm not exactly 18 anymore. Maybe I could kiteboard to work if the wind was right Very Happy

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostFri Jul 07, 06 9:14 am    no spring chicken Reply with quote

I was easily going faster than I could run in about 5mph wind on my X-4 16-0,carving ,toeside,1/2 mile tacks and start all over ,but I wouldn't want to fall, for sure

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Jul 07, 06 9:17 am     Reply with quote

The sand is hard...no question. But as long as you keep the kite above you and your weight back, your never going to impact that bad. Once you get the skidding down, you can check your speed easily.

When the wind is light and on-shore, it's really hard to get upwind through the break. But it's perfect for the landboards.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostFri Jul 07, 06 9:45 am     Reply with quote

Good stuff. I wanna try that sometime too! What size kite were you on there? Doesn't look too big.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Jul 07, 06 10:38 am     Reply with quote

That's my 16m. Most people would say to rig down a size from what you would want on the water, but you don't want to be worrying about keeping the kite in the air either. I usually go when its
too light to be on the water so I rig the big 20m. It's so stable and predictable I can focus on the board.

shredjim

Since 07 Jun 2006
186 Posts

Stoked

PostFri Jul 07, 06 11:00 am     Reply with quote

Cool Vid Slither !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: