Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

buying stuff off iwindsurf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostThu Jul 06, 06 5:16 pm    buying stuff off iwindsurf Reply with quote

So how can I buy something from someone in Seattle that is going to ship it to me without risking them dissappearing with me money? I don't really feel sketched out at all by the guy but I guess you never really know. I have paypal is that the best way?

stevegriffith22

Since 14 May 2006
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jul 06, 06 6:50 pm     Reply with quote

Hey, I feel the same way usally about buying something online. Its a tight community and most of the time we (the seattle crew) come down the the hood anyways on a regular basis or know someone that is traveling. I bring stuff back and forth for buddies all the time. Just ask if he has a friend comming down or not. If you end up getting ripped off, we'll hunt down the guy and gut em! Razz

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jul 06, 06 6:54 pm     Reply with quote

It's always a bit of a risk. Currently I'm waiting for a 12M Torch from a guy in LA. But I feel confident still, as I talked to him on the phone for a long time and he sincerely seemeed like a solid kitebarder. We shared TOW tales. My fedex shipment won't be concidered late until Sat or so. I would try to get the phone number and get a idea of personality first. Of course, I've been buying and selling on Ebay for 7 year without one bad deal yet. T

EdG

Since 19 Dec 2005
424 Posts
Just a Kook that's
Obsessed

PostThu Jul 06, 06 7:24 pm     Reply with quote

If you drive to get it, you could check out the local spots Laughing I know that gas prices are a bit high but it might be worth checking into it. Maybe get some PDX crew to ride up and help with gas!!! I'm headed to NY/Canada next week or I would join you.

mikes

Since 13 Mar 2005
90 Posts
B'Ham

PostThu Jul 06, 06 9:19 pm     Reply with quote

use http://www.escrow.com beware of other escrow companies, some are not legit

Cost's a bit but it's worth it for peace of mind when your talking several hundred $$. Basically they hold the money until the buyer gets the goods and approves. Sold a kite to a guy in Australia and he was stoked when I suggested we use it

Mike S

Teague

Since 10 Jul 2005
114 Posts
Really Windy Places
Stoked

PostFri Jul 07, 06 8:47 am     Reply with quote

Just curious if I know the Seattle guy you are buying from. I roll into the Gorge almost every weekend and would be more than happy to bring that gear down to you or at least look over it up here and give you a non-bias opinion of its condition.

I buy and sell on Iwindsurf/Ikitesurf all the time and have never had a problem. There seems to still be a lot of honest people out there for the most part.

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostFri Jul 07, 06 8:49 am     Reply with quote

You should be somewhat protected via paypal. you can file a claim for a refund if it arrives and isn't as described. Paypal is much better via e-bay, they can and will just take the money out of the sellers account if things turn out bunk. I have bought ALLOT of stuff from ikitesurf and have never been burned. I like to call and talk to the guy if possible. You can also say 50% now 50% upon delivery if your really nervous.

Finally, there is escrow but it can be a pain in the arse and it costs money. If two people are vying to buy something from me I will always sell to the non-escrow first.

Have faith!!

Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostFri Jul 07, 06 8:55 pm     Reply with quote

Yah i guess I shouldn't be paranoid. It turned out that a friend of the dude will be in portland next thursday so that worked out well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: