Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Morons w/ lame scams...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nate

Since 19 Jun 2006
10 Posts
Seattle

PostWed Jul 05, 06 12:42 pm    Morons w/ lame scams... Reply with quote

You would think these idiots would come up with a better scam than this. Told the guy to get bent.
Twisted Evil

Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 11:09 AM
Subject: send your recipient details for payment

Good day , Thanks for your swift response toward the inquiry.About the present working condition of the KITE as stated by you,I am really pleased with it,but i belived you are telling me the real fact,because i cannot come over to your location now due to the nature of my work. Well, the asking price is okay by me for $350.00 . I would be offering you $450 for the payment of the item, reason for this is that i want you to make sure you reserved the item for me and consider it sold to any other enquiries.
Also,I have forward your mail to my Associate to send you the
payment and also instruct him to include the shipping fee to your
payment,because he has arrange for the shipping,So the total amount that will be on the MONEY ORDER is $3100 ,So same day you cash the payment,You will have to wire the balance without ado to the shipping agent for them to prepare all neccessary Document and all other neccesary document neccessary for the pickup,Th e shipping cost is as huge as that because there is a snow mobile that is already awaiting shippment,So the shipping agent is to prepare shippment for this transaction and that of the snow mobile once without any further delay.
So immediately you recieve the money order you would
needs to send the shipper's payment to them same day the check clears your bank because we have dealing with the shipping agent for long time,So we have so much believe in them for fast and safe shipping. If this arrangement is ok by you. I will like you to get back to me with your full details so that i can forward the certified check or money order to you immediately.
Full name ........... Contact
Address ........ (NOT.P.O.BOX) Contact mobile number .day or
night...........

When you send me the following information,i will instruct my Associate to issue the money order immediately.
Hope to hear from you soonest.
Regards

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Jul 05, 06 12:49 pm     Reply with quote

Heh that one is so obviously a template, its like madlibs they just fill in the blank with "KITE" and email it out.

Send out enough and somebody is bound to fall for it eh?

stevegriffith22

Since 14 May 2006
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Jul 05, 06 1:09 pm     Reply with quote

DUDE THEY SPAMMED ME TOO!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostWed Jul 05, 06 2:39 pm    awh shit.. Reply with quote

Yeah, I just got the email from some turd with the same name....

Man, these guys need to get some better ideas..

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostWed Jul 05, 06 2:40 pm     Reply with quote

Did any of you guys give out any info?

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostWed Jul 05, 06 3:13 pm     Reply with quote

I get a couple of these a day in response to my iwindsurf ads. Noticed that they're always yahoo.com addresses. I'm not sure what the actual scam is - are they trying to get you to send the item like the p-p-p-powerbook scammer?

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostWed Jul 05, 06 3:19 pm     Reply with quote

I got an email from the same guy also. I told him I was selling a large african elephant for $1.8 million and to send me a copy of his exotic animal lisence and 2 large bags of peanuts for the transaction to proceed. Very Happy

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostWed Jul 05, 06 3:31 pm     Reply with quote

Me thinks they are trying to send out a fake money order and some stoner might send out the kite, before, they actually cash the money order to find out it is fake..

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostWed Jul 05, 06 3:50 pm     Reply with quote

I am the gentleman who looks to buying the kites you have for selling. I would like to say that my associate and I look frowards to doing business with you and we are not scammers. Please send me your information and my associate will produces the money order for your kite. I need to work through associate as I the very busy person! I not scammer, I be a business man.

Sorry for the confusions!

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed Jul 05, 06 6:33 pm     Reply with quote

The scam is that the money order or certified check are no good. They send you more "money" than what the cost of the kite is and then the foolish victim wires the "shipping agent" the extra money. When the check finally comes back as no good, your bank takes your money to pay their loss. Many bank tellers will even tell you that the check is good, because it is a "certified check". Of course, the teller will feel really bad when the bank goes after you for the bad check... It can take over a month for the check to show up as bad by the way. Some people get caught by waiting for the check to "clear" before they wire the money to the shipping agent. The problem is that many banks will clear the check for you after a week, even though it takes longer than that for an international check to actually "clear". The bank will still take your money when it comes back bad. I'm sure they don't care about the item for sale at all; the shipping address is almost certainly a fake. (No trail...)

Nak

JNETTE

Since 02 Feb 2006
149 Posts
PORTLAND
Stoked

PostWed Jul 05, 06 7:37 pm    F**King scammers!!!! Reply with quote

This was my scam email.....Didn't fall for it thanks to the info here on NWKite....I wrote him back and told him to go fly a kite! LOL Very Happy

Hello,
Thanks for the mail ,i will be glad to proceed with the purchase,and to secure the purchase i dont mind adding 50 dollars the required price cos i have informed a customer about it and he has agreed to purchase it from me as soon as it is shipped.
I will be travelling to australia very soon on a missionary duty and to make the transaction faster and easier,i will instruct an associate of mine who is owing me the sum of 4,800dollars in the us to issue the money to you in your name in form of a money order,but i do not know if i can trust you by helping in sending the rest of my money to the shipping company who will be coming over for the pick up as it is to beshipped together with my consignments in the us to UKRAINE.
I will like to let you know that the money that would be sent to the shippers is not meant fo its shipment alone but together with my consignments in the us.
So furnish me the name to be written on the payment and the address where it should be mailed to with your phone number.

Hope to hear from you soon.

All the best.
Brian.

EdG

Since 19 Dec 2005
424 Posts
Just a Kook that's
Obsessed

PostWed Jul 05, 06 8:43 pm     Reply with quote

Don't you people use spam blockers? I have not had one of those in over a year! Please do your self a favor and upgrade your Spam filters and Virus Definitions quickly Smile Smile

Lot's 'o love.....

ED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: