Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

I am done with unleashed dogs at the Event Site
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostSun Aug 01, 10 7:26 am     Reply with quote

I only saw one unleashed dog out there yesterday and he was pretty mellow. BUT, I could not believe the amount of dog shit everywhere.

Andy

bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostSun Aug 01, 10 7:43 am    Dog owners unite, let's pick up our Dog's shit!!! Reply with quote

Let's have a leashed Dog shit pick up gathering!! We are not felons! We are responsible pet owners!

Speak out leash toting poop bag pocketed owners!!!!! Let's unite!!!

Repeat after me,
"I will pick up my Dog's poop, I will leash my dog, or demonstrate voice control, I will drink non fat soy latte's"

Very Happy

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1805 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSun Aug 01, 10 7:51 am     Reply with quote

Hood River Animal Control: 541-386-2098 ext 1

The few folks who continue to allow their dogs to run around all of the kites will need to have to go through the time, and considerable expense of bailing their dogs out. It's expensive. It's a lot more expensive if the dog does not have a current tag.

It is only through a bit of financial pain that the last few will get it; or not... I am not on any high horse. I have had this lesson forced upon me, as I am sure many of you have. I basically don't speed anymore, because the financial cost of doing so is not worth whatever value I am getting out of going faster. The list goes on, and on.

With respect to kites, it just sucks so bad to have your kite damaged by a dog at the Event Site. It has happened twice, and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. In part, that's why I don't bring my 10 year old mellow as hell Golden to any kite beach anymore--not even Rufus. When dogs get around other dogs they become pack animals. They, run, they play, they do damage. But, again, most of this is just moot to those who need to feel some pain to change what is a really inconsiderate behavior.

5% of any population will not do the right thing simply by virtue of it being, "Right." They must be put into a situation where the Right thing is less painful than the Wrong thing--simple as that.

Hood River Animal Control: 541-386-2098 ext 1

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostSun Aug 01, 10 8:04 am     Reply with quote

Thumb's Up
Eric wrote:
5% of any population will not do the right thing simply by virtue of it being, "Right." They must be put into a situation where the Right thing is less painful than the Wrong thing--simple as that.
Thumb's Up

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostSun Aug 01, 10 9:18 am     Reply with quote

Instead of the poop in plastic bags, can't we just put th dogs in them? I have some old dry cleaner bags, they say don't let children play with them but it doesn't say anything about dogs.

Funny thing about all the nonsense at the sandbar, it's simply avoided by not going there Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVvAw2VFR4Y&feature=PlayList&p=FB7233C37686AC79&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=34

Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostSun Aug 01, 10 9:28 am     Reply with quote

pdxmonkeyboy wrote:
Funny thing about all the nonsense at the sandbar, it's simply avoided by not going there Smile

Not entirely, I got my kite run over by a dog on Jan 1st on Agate beach when I was the only kiter out and the weather was miserable: hole in kite Evil or Very Mad . Not about to go in favor of banning dogs on ocean beaches, but dedicated kite beaches should be banned of dogs.

jackZ

Since 13 Apr 2008
355 Posts
Devon Alberta ca.
Obsessed

PostSun Aug 01, 10 9:37 am    Re: Dogs and kites don't mix!!! Reply with quote

bulae99 wrote:
It makes me want to go to the coast.

Now your talking !
Nice to see some young flesh and some flashy riders at Hood river but , Oregon coast and Jones beach are more fun for this old guy whenever I get the opportunity to visit.
Old guys rule but rules still suck !

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostThu Aug 05, 10 2:56 pm     Reply with quote

Dog threads getting the lock down Crying or Very sad hours of entertainment with no resolution

See you next year dog poo thread (same bad place, same bad channel, same time next year)

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostThu Aug 05, 10 3:28 pm    doggies... Reply with quote

forget the dogs...what about the angry beaver issue? 3 trees down by the cafe already and saw him planning for the last trees standing the other night...maybe mother nature developed a crush on kiteboarders....need a continent to unwind your kites strings? wind shadows effecting your kiddie pool riding? here you go...now go have fun! Wink

Marmot

Since 08 Aug 2007
100 Posts
Lyle, WA
Stoked

PostThu Aug 05, 10 5:20 pm     Reply with quote

I never leash my beavers. I let them do what they want.

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostThu Aug 05, 10 8:25 pm     Reply with quote

Marmot wrote:
I never leash my beavers. I let them do what they want.

Clean up your beaver sh*t dude!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: