Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Lesson / Instruciton Advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
andronik

Since 02 Jul 2006
1 Posts

PostMon Jul 03, 06 5:24 am    Lesson / Instruciton Advice Reply with quote

I am a Seattle resident and intend to mostly board in WA, however, I am currently on a road trip in California, and will be coming back up the coast.
I have about 2-3 days of 2 and 3 meter trainer flying, and have taken the trainer kite training.
I was wondering what the feeling of this forum is with respect to taking a beginner kiteboarding class. I am trying to choose between Seaside area, Hood River, or home turf at Jetty Island, or other areas I may not be aware of. Also, how do I ask for the best qualified instructor (similar to level III in skiing/snowboarding)?
Your thoughts and reocmmendations are appreciated.

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jul 03, 06 6:39 am     Reply with quote

Jeffro from Urban Surf is teaching up at JI every windy day. And, Jetty Island is almost like cheating your way up the learing curve. The wind is the steadiest fan I've ever seen in 15 year of that "other" sport. I would recommend to anyone, and I've had freinds that struggled with the gusts of the Gorge while trying to learn.

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostMon Jul 03, 06 8:36 am    FLORAS Reply with quote

Just stop and see Will ,
camp at the park and enjoy getting some good info from a great guy
you will pay and it's a great deal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: