Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Bridge of the Gods Kiteboarding Festival Aug 5-6th
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Ronnie Sendo

Since 22 May 2006
6 Posts

Kook

PostTue Jul 25, 06 4:15 pm     Reply with quote

Great shots Jim. Love those ones.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Jul 25, 06 9:46 pm     Reply with quote

tonski wrote:
PKH, you're planning to enter, right?! Da Bridge is calling for you! Very Happy

Doubt it!

JNETTE

Since 02 Feb 2006
149 Posts
PORTLAND
Stoked

PostWed Jul 26, 06 1:50 am     Reply with quote

Should be fun times! Very Happy

JNETTE

Since 02 Feb 2006
149 Posts
PORTLAND
Stoked

PostWed Jul 26, 06 12:16 pm    For all those interested....more details! Reply with quote

Slingshot Bridge of The Gods Kiteboarding Festival

Festivities will begin on Friday, August 4th with a "Media Day". All athletes are welcome to come out and be photographed by the best of the best in the gorge, Richard Hallman, Jim Semlor, Lance Koudele, Jon Malmberg just to name a few. Photo shoot begins around 2 pm.

Saturday, August 5 will be the Main Event, featuring a New Format, including Best Trick, Kiteloop, and Biggest Air. There will also be a Freeride Expression Session judging the Best all Around Rider and a Race. There is a $2000 purse and lots of great prizes and swag from DaKine For registration details go to www.dabridge.us

During the event athletes will be provided with lunch from the BBQ, drinks from Walking Man Brewing, fresh organic fruit and acai (Brazilian fruit smoothies) from Sambazon ,and Guayaki Yerba Mate will be keeping the riders going with energizing iced tea.

Saturday Evening following the event from 6-8:00 athletes will be treated to a full Buffet dinner at the Skamania Lodge with live music. At 9:00 there will be a Party at the Walking Man Brewery where athletes will receive 2 complimentary drink tickets. Remember, camping is available for all at the Skamania County Fair Grounds in Stevenson.

Sunday, August 6th is a potential roll over day if the wind shuts off on Saturday. Otherwise there will be a shuttle service downwinder to Home Valley (6 miles) open to all.

All Proceed from this event will benefit the Skamania County Youth Outdoor Adventure Program. Your support is needed. Please come down and join us for a great day in Stevenson. Invite your family and friends to come watch, have lunch and hang in the beer garden.

Thank You, and see you there,

Renee Hanks

Event Organizer

If you have any additional comments or questions please contact me at

info@dabridge.us

The 6th annual Slingshot Bridge of the Gods Kiteboarding Festival is made possible by the generous support of Slingshot Kiteboarding, Walking Man Brewing, DaKine, Sambazon, Guayaki Yerba Mate, City of Stevenson, Port of Skamania County, TEVA and Ultra Nectar.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Jul 26, 06 12:47 pm     Reply with quote

Sounds fun! Big air and race comps? hmmm... Very Happy

What about the most retarded kiteloop comp?! I can do those great (check my avatar.)

Seriously though, sounds like a hell of an event... way to go Renee!

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Jul 26, 06 1:13 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:

What about the most retarded kiteloop comp?!

a.k.a. board / bone / knee breaking contest.

tacksharp

Since 06 Dec 2005
91 Posts
The Hood
Photographer

PostWed Jul 26, 06 2:00 pm     Reply with quote

Hopefully everything will work out for a good shoot on Friday! No baby yet Lance, but if my lovely decides it's time to have that little girl, I will be in the happy confines of HRMH with the new addition. I haven't even done a serious kite shoot yet this season. Ugh...it sucks having to make real money instead of the fun of kiting photography, but responsibility calls. It would be nice to play rockstar again on Friday! See ya out! Twisted Evil

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostThu Jul 27, 06 7:31 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
During the event athletes will be provided with lunch from the BBQ, drinks from Walking Man Brewing, fresh organic fruit and acai (Brazilian fruit smoothies) from Sambazon ,and Guayaki Yerba Mate will be keeping the riders going with energizing iced tea.

Saturday Evening following the event from 6-8:00 athletes will be treated to a full Buffet dinner at the Skamania Lodge with live music. At 9:00 there will be a Party at the Walking Man Brewery where athletes will receive 2 complimentary drink tickets

That's worth the $50 fee right there.

I am bummed that I will be out of town, can't wait to see the pictures.

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostFri Jul 28, 06 8:49 am     Reply with quote

Yeah, what about a best crash/ carnage category?

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 28, 06 9:08 am     Reply with quote

If all else fails im just gonna go for the kite loop, havent done any yet this year, but definately did some retarted ones last year.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSun Jul 30, 06 8:06 am    watch for REED Reply with quote

Wills son Reed Brady is going all out for this event and should be fun to watch
go get them REED

G.Reed

Since 30 Jul 2006
51 Posts

PostSun Jul 30, 06 6:05 pm     Reply with quote

I've been working with Renee on Da Bridge of the Gods contest and wanted to post the new format. It's going to be a little different than the past and should make for some good entertainment. Please spread the word...

There will be 3 Categories run separately (Kite Loop, Biggest Air & Biggest Deadman, Best Trick) and 1 Expression Session.
>Men’s Rider’s can enter a MAXIMUM of 2 Categories plus the Expression Session
>Women, Masters & Juniors can enter all events.

> Category Format –

o Women’s, Masters & Juniors will be 1 heat of 15 minutes where the winners are chosen.
o Men’s – 15 minute heats of 8-10 riders where the top 2 or 3 riders will advance to a Super Heat where the ultimate winners are chosen.

Expression Session –

> All riders will go out at the same time for one MegaHeat.
> At the end of the MegaHeat, YOU THE RIDERS will be given a card and will vote for the best 3 men’s & women’s riders and the best 2 riders of the masters & juniors.

See you there...
G.Reed

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostTue Aug 01, 06 10:19 am     Reply with quote

for those of us who will not be entering the contest, can we still launch and sail downwind of the cometitors? looks like this is a one day event on the 5th with the 6th as an option if the wind fails so, stevenson will be able to be sailed by all of us on the 6th if the contest goes fine on saturday. am i right on this?

will we be able to use the SS launch just upwind?

thanks
kt

G.Reed

Since 30 Jul 2006
51 Posts

PostTue Aug 01, 06 3:11 pm     Reply with quote

KT,

We'll be using the Slingshot launch for competitors and than having them drop downwind into the competition zone. I'm sure you could slide into the launch when it's not busy. Just please stay outside of the competition zone.
You are correct about it being over on Sunday if all goes well. The preliminary forecast looks good.

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostWed Aug 02, 06 10:45 am     Reply with quote

hey g,

thanks for the quick reply. so, the competition zone will be off the 'regular' launch but, you will be using the SS launch to get out.

so, if i use the regular launch, i will just sail downwind to stay out of the way.

looks to be great weather for you. it's going to be a fun weekend for sure.

thanks much.
kt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: