Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

ok boys... were gonna have to step it up a notch...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostWed Jun 28, 06 6:56 pm    ok boys... were gonna have to step it up a notch... Reply with quote

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8240222592541935010&q=kite+surf+sherman+island

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostWed Jun 28, 06 7:34 pm     Reply with quote

Sherman Island is SICK! I used to hate having to go visit the inlaws in Modesto, until I discovered that its only an hour away from SI - now I can't wait to go back. The slick water on the lee side of the islands is amazing!

Just don't plan on camping in a tent there like we did once. Windiest, most restless night I ever spent trying to keep the tent from blowing apart.

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostWed Jun 28, 06 8:04 pm     Reply with quote

The wind is great down here too, super steady. If you can put up with water so polluted that it makes Sauvies look like holy water then you'll do ok. Laughing

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Jun 29, 06 9:18 am     Reply with quote

We can do it! JP and I've been looking at ways to rig a little Sony miniDV cam on our kites, but it's not easy to do and keep smooth. The kitecinema.com guys have it figured out though. Keeps the kiter in frame, and isn't super jittery. Guess that's hard to eliminate with a small kite in gusty conditions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: