Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

kiter scam....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostMon Jun 26, 06 1:02 pm    kiter scam.... Reply with quote

So they must have kiters in Nigeria. Check out this inquiry I got from a add in Ikitesurf. He must be the brother of the prime minister in nigeria (you know the scam people!)
..........................................................................................................

Hello Again,
Thanks for the Mail and the Quick Response.I haved Contacted my Client who want to buy the (Kite) for sale from you and i show im the Pictures of the (Kite) and he said that i love it and he is going to buy it from you.So he as Made is oppinion to Issued a Cheque for you and he said he is going to send the Cheque for you for the (Kite) for sale.So he as Called his Bank to release the Money on the Cheque and the Cheque will be sent to you soonest this week.So i haved Add my Own Money to your Own Money so any Money you get on the Cheque send to you,you are going to take the Cheque to your Bank Account and you are going to send the different Money on the Cheque after you haved deduct your Own Money to me as my Own Profit,Commission and Shipping Arrangement Cost for the Picked Up of the (Kite) for sale in your Location.So he as made is Wish to send the Cheque to you with my Own Money that i add to your Own Money.The Shipping Cost of the (Kite) will be Paid my Me not by you that is why i Add my Own Mone to your Own Money so that i can able to deduct the Shipping Cost of the (Kite) for sale from the Remaining Money that you are going to send to me through Western Union by Cash not by Cheque.So if you Agreed to send the Different Money to me through Western Union by Cash,i want you to Provide me this Details for me so that my Client can Issued the Cheque to you as soon as Possible.This is the Details i want you to Provide for me for the Payment Only to send to you asap.
YOUR FULL NAME
ADDRESS
CITY
STATE
POSTAL CODE
COUNTRY
PHONE NUMBER
LAST PRICE FOR SALE
So as soon as you haved Provide this for me,i will forward it to my Client so that he can send the Cheque to you as soon as Possible through Courier of Royal Mail to you in your Location.So once you haved Provide the Details for me,my Client will send the Cheque to you as soon as Possible and you are going to get the Cheque Latest a Week you Provide the Details for me to send the Cheque to you.So he told me to tell you that,the Cheque was a Fast and Quick Clearance that Used Just 1-3 Days to Clear in your Bank Account.So remember that am going to Add my Own Money to your and you are going to send the Different Money to me throught Western Union by Cash so that i can Pay the Shipping Company to Come for the Picked Up and the Shippment of the (Kite) for sale in your Location.Hope you are Clear by this Now?Thanks and God Bless you and your Family.It's my Pleasure in doing Business with you in Future.Looking forward to Hear from you soonest.
Cheers
Marco Miller

www.naishkites.com

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostMon Jun 26, 06 1:52 pm     Reply with quote

Mark,

I got a response like that from a ikitesurf ad I had as well. It was a total scam the guys name was John Cott and the email was almost the same. He emailed me multiple times saying he was sending the money, I sold the kite to some one else. A week later I received $4,000 in American Express Checks, for a $1,000 kite. They are so fake, I am thinking of sending them to American Express maybe they can track down the people behind it. Evil or Very Mad

Here's the email John Cott sent me:
Thanks for the response.
I have contacted my client who is interested in buying the (Kite) he said he love the pics too and he wants to know if that is exactly the (Kite) for sale.
We've also concluded with the price that i will sell to him.
However. i have also added my own profit to your own asking price
You are hereby expected to confirm to me that i am free to add my own profit to your own asking price and will also agree to send my profit to me through western union.
Hence, any amount above your own asking price will be returned back to me as my own commission and profit on the sales. I hope that is understood.
As regards the pick up, as soon as you confirm to me that the Cheque is cleared in your account, i will inform my shipper to come for the pick up immediatelty.
I hereby you to provide the details for sending the payment to you only.

NAME

ADDRESS

CITY

STATE

ZIPE CODE

COUNTRY

PHONE
As soon as i hear from you, i will contact my client so that he can issue you a cheque payment immediately and will be mailed to you througth royal mail..

I hope to hear from you soonest

Cheers

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostMon Jun 26, 06 2:05 pm     Reply with quote

Hey! send me that guy's e-mail address. I have an 02' 10meter fuel I will sell him for 4k. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

shredjim

Since 07 Jun 2006
186 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Jun 26, 06 2:12 pm     Reply with quote

I'm getting similiar emails on iwindsurf for kites I have for sale, one even called my kite a car. I used to get those same messages from auto trader.com a few years back when I was attempting to sell a car. How dumb do they think people are?

Veritas0Aequitas

Since 17 Jun 2006
7 Posts
KSDF / KBFI
Kook

PostMon Jun 26, 06 2:47 pm     Reply with quote

You could always have a lil fun with them like these guys have in the past if anyone has ever heard of the P-P-P Powerbook scam?

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostMon Jun 26, 06 2:52 pm     Reply with quote

Veritas0Aequitas wrote:
You could always have a lil fun with them like these guys have in the past if anyone has ever heard of the P-P-P Powerbook scam?

That was very funny, I was looking for that link to post in my original post. If you have a link post it. Thumb's Up

Ps Here is his address. Have fun! Twisted Evil
marcomiller001@gmail.com

www.naishkites.com

Veritas0Aequitas

Since 17 Jun 2006
7 Posts
KSDF / KBFI
Kook

PostMon Jun 26, 06 3:15 pm     Reply with quote

Is this what your looking for? http://www.p-p-p-powerbook.com/

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the

PostMon Jun 26, 06 3:19 pm     Reply with quote

I JUST got this e-mail from a guy responding to my ebay kite sale:

cles1032( 1)
Positive feedback: 100%
Registered on: www.motors.ebay.com

Item: 04' 16m North Toro2 kiteboarding kite - 06' slinghsot (160000475486)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
cles1032 is a potential buyer.

Hey I am interested the kite i just have a few questions. If you don't sell it in the auction please let me know by e-mailing me. THANKS!!

Good thing he is interested the kite.

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostMon Jun 26, 06 3:24 pm     Reply with quote

send em a p-p-p powerkite....genuine trash bag nylon and cardboard struts. complete with bar&lines(toothbrush and floss) for most hackers are crackheads too.

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the

PostMon Jun 26, 06 3:52 pm     Reply with quote

I think i'll just send him a virus instead.

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostMon Jun 26, 06 8:24 pm     Reply with quote

I've been getting the same bogus responses to some of my iwindsurf ads. I've noticed that they're always a yahoo.com email address.

dangerD

Since 27 Jun 2005
223 Posts
Bingen Heights
Stoked

PostTue Jun 27, 06 10:08 am     Reply with quote

We here at Nigeria Kite Team have many sadness from you rascism. We share but one kite for whole team and when windy day come, often more than three person must use our fine kite. We try to get more but paranioa means kites never leave your country. My cousin the Prince can not even buy kite. Why are you so scared? Let me send you a cheque!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: