Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

HR marina access issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostSun Jun 25, 06 11:59 am    HR marina access issues Reply with quote

hey i don't really have a dog in this fight as HR is a long way for me. but reading about your guys access problems it seems there is an angle that hasn't been mentioned yet (maybe it has and i didn't notice ....)

the $$ is really the tourists and not the locals, isn't it? out of towners stay in motels, eat in reastaurants, etc. PDX kiters might not even gas up in HR.

so why not appeal to fellow kiters on the message boards for help in a letter writing campaign? (the non-local boards like kiteforum and ikite especially)

have people write in and say something like "kiters are treated like second class citizens in HR, so I'm taking my vacation dollars elsewhere".

you might get a response all out of proportion to the actual number of tourist kiters, but so what ... thats the way groups like the NRA take care of business.

just a suggestion.... kite on....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: