Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sauvies today?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSun Jun 25, 06 11:50 am    Sauvies today? Reply with quote

Think it'll go? I'm about to head out right now (hoping), but I really think I'm going to need to pick up JP's 13m since my 11 probably isn't going to cut it...

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostSun Jun 25, 06 1:18 pm     Reply with quote

it'll go...and so will I Laughing

EdG

Since 19 Dec 2005
424 Posts
Just a Kook that's
Obsessed

PostSun Jun 25, 06 7:18 pm     Reply with quote

I went out there and it was packed with cars. I mean double parked, trafic jams and such. I also saw NO KITES in the air and not cars that I recognized. I did see some boards on my way out. I figured that with that many people, launching and landing would be hell so I left. Monday still should be good.

I was wondering where everyone was though. Since the wind was reading E at Stevenson, was the coast the only place?

ED

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostMon Jun 26, 06 9:00 am     Reply with quote

Eddie, you should have taken the time to check it out.

Although it was a complete zoo with kids all over the place, people trying to wake board right off the beach with ozzy blasting from their speakers, pregnant teenagers strolling the beach, and boats parked everywhere.....

Once you launched the wind was consitant, I was completely lit in my CB 16 and I think the most kites on the water at any one time was probably 8. Around 6:30 almost everyone was cleared out.

By all accounts, the coast was sweet this weekend. I think the only paces were the coast, stevenson in the AM and Sauvies. You have to remember that sauvie's is almost always blowing 4-5 knots higher than the ikitesurf sensor.

Smile

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostMon Jun 26, 06 9:32 am     Reply with quote

Normally I would agree with the 4-5 knot differential on the sensor, but after seeing the readings and riding yesterday I think it might get a bit more accurate with a NNW wind direction. Wind shadow may prevent accurate readings on N and NNE readings cuz of the trees just upwind, making it low. On NNW, the wind shadow should be gone, unless I'm wrong on the location of the sensor. Whatever..Sauvies is roulette even with a sensor there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: