Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Take down
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Coffee

Since 23 Jun 2006
29 Posts

PostFri Jun 23, 06 11:02 pm    Take down Reply with quote

Jason...nose dive before the "take down." and damn, that board can fly!!!

DSC_0326.JPG 
   DSC_0321.JPG 
   DSC_0320.JPG 
   DSC_0319.JPG 
   DSC_0318.JPG 

JNETTE

Since 02 Feb 2006
149 Posts
PORTLAND
Stoked

PostFri Jun 23, 06 11:08 pm     Reply with quote

LOL LOL LOL
I DIDN'T KNOW YOU GUYS GOT THAT ON FILM....THAT HILAROUS! YOU SHOULD TRY IT AGAIN TOMORROW. Very Happy Very Happy SEE YA IN 12 HOURS

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSat Jun 24, 06 12:36 am     Reply with quote

He fell faster than the board... yaaaaaay!

kristine

Since 23 Apr 2006
15 Posts
Portland

PostMon Jun 26, 06 7:45 am     Reply with quote

yeah i saw this dude doing "kiteloops to tomahawk the kite" a few feet of shore. Infact one kiteloop buzzed the heads of some other beach users.

Not cool bro.

Practice you tricks away from shore untill you can stick it.
You wouldn't want to git yur local spot shut down now wud ya?

bdc8622

Since 31 May 2005
74 Posts
PDX

PostMon Jun 26, 06 8:02 am    Kite Loops Reply with quote

I could not agree more with the "kiteloops on shore" Why do they have to be done so close to shore? Luckily it seems that he took down one of his friends that was understanding. How about doing them a little farther out?

brian currier

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostMon Jun 26, 06 10:05 am     Reply with quote

Good points, I had a very close call yesterday at Sauvie's on the water when NateDogg attempted a jump with kite out of control about a foot from my head, with his kite slamming into the water. If I hadn't seen it coming, and dove my kite hard at the shore, I'm afraid of what could have happened. To Nates' credit, he apologized and brought my board in, but everyone's got to be more careful with powered tricks close to shore and other riders. Thanks, Tonski

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostMon Jun 26, 06 10:10 am     Reply with quote

Its all fun and games till someone gets an eye poked out.

You don't want any kite related accidents there, it will get shut down for sure.

Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jun 26, 06 10:12 am     Reply with quote

Yep! It’s not IF, but WHEN a kiter or bystander gets seriously hurt or killed out there. Then we’ll have the heat of the authorities coming down trying to ban kiting.

Let’s all work together to make kiting a safer sport for all! ~Dano

kristine

Since 23 Apr 2006
15 Posts
Portland

PostMon Jun 26, 06 11:20 am     Reply with quote

kristine wrote:
yeah i saw this dude doing "kiteloops to tomahawk the kite" a few feet of shore.

"This dude" is the dude in the photos above. Just an FYI for all you self police kiters who kite @ SI. Might want to kite there in the future.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostMon Jun 26, 06 11:37 am     Reply with quote

Nobody likes a snitch.

I say 10 of us grab Jason whip him in 20 feet in air so he lands really hard on his head - never mind - he really digs that.

Crazy pics.

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jun 26, 06 11:42 am     Reply with quote

Another angle of the mangle...Embarassed

From the lens of Rico...

PS Jason didn't take down all three kites, just the Slingy...

kite_mess_596.jpg 

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostMon Jun 26, 06 2:53 pm     Reply with quote

troll toll?

Rico

Since 13 Mar 2005
1219 Posts
Vancouver
Photographer

PostMon Jun 26, 06 9:11 pm    Kite mess Reply with quote

Did anyone else notice that the green kite was pulling the crossbow? The kiter riding the green naish ditched the whole thing when they got tangled. Then the othe two kites tangled up right after.

Henry

adrianczm

Since 06 Mar 2006
89 Posts
Cozumel, Mexico

PostTue Jun 27, 06 9:10 pm     Reply with quote

What a mess!!!! Man I have never seen so many kites tnagled up at the same time.

Are we lucky to live here? asking you Phil, Nicole, Jody and Rollo

Hope you guys are keepinf out of trouble

Adrian

sentone

Since 10 Feb 2006
66 Posts

PostWed Jun 28, 06 12:16 am     Reply with quote

wow......ive never rode there( sauvies )looks nice,,, but things like this are not accecptable i cant believe the words halarious.smiles ect go any where near.. if either kite loads and launches someones screwed at best im not sure if theres a road or powerlines or kids around or near and it looked light 16 weather but if this ever happens when its on it wont be funny but deadly.........think about say the hatch or swell city two kites lite blowing up on the hiway in front of a longing truck hope no ones shackled or still in there loop but hey its halariour...............better you then me ,,,,,first thing cut both lines on one side of one or as many bars in play no questions stay leashed so your kites are not blowing free roll all parties mess up get to beach and deal with the who what where why on dry land gulity party pays for all lines ect and spends the rest of the day or season in the box of shame............we had this happen and the kite blew acrossed the road wrapped a power line loaded up and snapped the pole...blue flame....power company,,,.fire dept... loss of power for 8 hours and the bar was still hanging from the pole not good,,, not funny luckly the kiter got free of his gear on impact kiteing is an extreme sport ......respect....always.......... Exclamation Exclamation Idea Idea

JNETTE

Since 02 Feb 2006
149 Posts
PORTLAND
Stoked

PostWed Jun 28, 06 4:48 am     Reply with quote

I understand that kiting is an extreme sport and to really understand the true nature of how the 2 middle kites got tangled then YOU really had to be there!!!! The grey kite and green "newbie" kite tangle was ALOT more dangerous then the other 2 kite, which happened about 10" before. This picture does not portray the entire event. Only 2 kites were tangled at a time NOT all 4. Everyone who kites at Sauvies is guilty of performing tricks to close to the beach and when one gets caught on camera someone has got to make some sort of smart ass comment like they are KING/QUEEN of the kiting world and have never made mistakes. This is suppose to be a informative/interesting forum....not bag on your fellow kiter. Can't we all just keep it peacful??
Jeanette

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Jun 28, 06 6:11 am     Reply with quote

Irve and Jason are good buddies and were laughing the whole time they were tangled, so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

It is a nasty scene lately right up front and center at Sauvies. I must admit I have been riding on the inside up front when I probably shouldn't have. But the mellow conditions at Sauvies always makes you braver and much less conservative than you would be in 20 knots.

Besides Jeanette is right, everyone has been a kook at one time or another, so I'd say lets be careful before we all gang up on one person.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: