Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Columbia Gorge Kiting Association
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Spencer

Since 24 Jun 2005
29 Posts
Portland

PostMon Jun 12, 06 9:26 am     Reply with quote

Here's the link to our posts from the most recent (though pretty outdated) GKA discussion group:
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/cgkite/messages/118

Back in 2001, we just posted our messages to: gka@list.gorge.net

If you look through the Yahoo CGKite messages, you'll find lots of history, contacts, etc.

From 2000 to 2004, we seemed to have pretty regular meetings (at Pietros), and we had a good turnout from some of the shop owners, and the major kite manufacturers/distributors. Don't know why it eventually fizzled out.

Spencer

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jun 12, 06 11:50 am     Reply with quote

If you are still looking for someone to design flyers I wouldnt mind doing it, I just dont want to have to get them printed. I could design then send them to someone who wouldnt mind printing them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
EdG

Since 19 Dec 2005
424 Posts
Just a Kook that's
Obsessed

PostMon Jun 12, 06 9:20 pm     Reply with quote

I have some contacts in the printing industry he in Portland and may be able to get some printed. BW on some colored paper?, 4.25x 5.5 to 11x17. If so I would need a PDF.

PM me if I can help...

ED

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostTue Jun 13, 06 5:16 am     Reply with quote

I would think that the kiters and the windsurfers should merge into one wind riders org. It seems that there would be much more power merging with a productive and long lived established community. just an idea.

tstansbury

Since 06 Jun 2006
649 Posts
Rowena and P.C
Addicted

PostTue Jun 13, 06 6:07 am     Reply with quote

It is hard to merge untill you are on equal grounds. As a small new orginization we would have no power in the cgwa.

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Jun 13, 06 6:07 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
I would think that the kiters and the windsurfers should merge into one wind riders org. It seems that there would be much more power merging with a productive and long lived established community. just an idea.

No it's not just an idea, it's a VERY GOOD Idea...

Strenght in numbers...

I believe the CGWA polietly took a bye at this oppuntiy the last time around. However they seem to be in a similar position if you consider what's happening at Doug's.

History Lesson... The pole smurfers have had mixed results, mostly poor, in the fifteen years I've been chasing wind in the Gorge.
Most recently... Dougs...

Say, what ever happen to the plan to build a second HR bridge?!?

JP
NPA
AAFA

ps... the mountain do not see or treat snowboarders or skiiers differently. in there eyes, they both have wallets...

Last edited by J.P. on Wed Jun 14, 06 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Jun 13, 06 6:12 am     Reply with quote

tstansbury wrote:
It is hard to merge untill you are on equal grounds. As a small new orginization we would have no power in the cgwa.

have you looked at their numbers?

they ain't growing...

besides one would think they would be looking for allies after losing the battle at Dougs.

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostTue Jun 13, 06 7:17 am     Reply with quote

registered wrote:

Good Idea Very Happy
Formerly know as the UWA Utah Windsurfing Assoc.

Now www.utahwindriders.com good folks say hi when you see them in the NW!!!

Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

Slipin Lizard

Since 23 Sep 2005
88 Posts
Hood River, Oregon

PostTue Jun 13, 06 8:05 am     Reply with quote

"the pole smurfers"? Ok, so when the merge is formed, it'll be called the psdoar association, right?

shredbarbie

Since 17 Sep 2005
97 Posts
Hood River, OR

PostTue Jun 13, 06 7:05 pm     Reply with quote

Hey Ian,

Were you talking about doing flyers for the meeting Thurs or something else? If it's for the meeting, email me and I'll send you the info. I need someone to do that actually and I have someone who's volunteered to copy them.

-Kirsten

Last edited by shredbarbie on Tue Sep 22, 09 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Jun 14, 06 5:53 am     Reply with quote

Slipin Lizard wrote:
"the pole smurfers"? Ok, so when the merge is formed, it'll be called the psdoar association, right?

You'll have to ask Shred-Cruise Ship Director on that one.
She got her agenda.

cheers,

JP

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Jun 14, 06 5:55 am     Reply with quote

Quote:

Formerly know as the UWA Utah Windsurfing Assoc.

Now www.utahwindriders.com good folks say hi when you see them in the NW!!!

Nice work on http://www.tetonkite.com/!!!

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Jun 14, 06 10:42 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
Sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't dismiss PDX'ers or Vancouverites(?) or others as primary position people. Mark and pdxmonkeyboy for example are/have been very proactive. It should be based on dedication and availability for the cause 1st and foremost.
Anyhoo.. let's not go there just yet.

A great point Rollo.

What about those who fall out side of that area yet own real estate in Hood River as a soon to be second home?

Certainly these folks should have a say, shouldn't they?!?

JP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: