Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Bow kites, Bow kites, Bow kites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostMon Jun 05, 06 10:24 am    Bow kites, Bow kites, Bow kites Reply with quote

So one year after the crossbow explosion it seems everyone and there brother is offering "THE" bowkite.

I have a 9m crossbow and love it although the bar pressure can get really old and you really have to concentrate on not sheeting too much. I demo'd a 12m liquid force assault and I have to say it flew pretty damn nice. Less bar pressure and very good range.

Anyone have opinions or suggestions on bow kites? I have some cash buring a hole in my wallet Very Happy

Thanks,
Brian

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Jun 05, 06 10:40 am     Reply with quote

I wonder, have you ever tried rigging with just a regular bar other than the stock CB one? I would say the Waroo has feather light bar pressure, but I think the difference is really just in the bar (pulleys on the bar vs. no pulleys.)

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostMon Jun 05, 06 2:59 pm     Reply with quote

i have heard that using the waroo bar on crossbows works pretty well.

If your going to buy a new kite i suggest you just try all of them out. all these bows fly pretty differiently and some will suit you better than others.
although i do think some are better than others. i was really really impressed by the 14 contra i flew yesterday. probably the best largeish kite i have ever tried.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: