Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

need bar set-up advice
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostSat Jun 03, 06 7:50 am    need bar set-up advice Reply with quote

i got a kite that came with a partial bar, it is a cabrinha recon powerdrive. it did not come with a center line. so my question is where does the safety leash go? I'm probaly going to setup the leash to an outside line, but since it is'nt rigged up for that i wonder if there is a different way? what about a leash from the chicken loop?

does this look right?
 does this look right?  IMG_0039.JPG 

shrimmy

Since 02 May 2005
2 Posts

PostSat Jun 03, 06 8:48 am     Reply with quote

Unless the kite is a bow kite, a leash from the sheeter strap (like you have it in the picture) is a death trap.

dcrowe

Since 11 Oct 2005
265 Posts
hard to say, I was inverted
Obsessed

PostSat Jun 03, 06 9:04 am     Reply with quote

that leash should go to one of the front lines (single line) or you'll be going for a ride when you release.

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostSat Jun 03, 06 10:09 am     Reply with quote

you scare me. the leash should be connected to one line. Front ,back or fifth. Make sure there are no knots or anything on that line for the distance equal to the kite you are flying wingspan minimum. If there is a hair stuck to that line ,it will hang up on it for you and project a good time on your parade(for those who are watching to enjoy not you). What kind of leader lines are those?? use good quality stuff please. Your medical bill will quickly exceed the 35 cents saved on shortcuts. JMHO.

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostSat Jun 03, 06 10:38 am     Reply with quote

registered wrote:
you scare me.
Cool

thanks for the input,

better to fart on the computer then go out and have broken limbs.
i have another bar with a leash set-up on my outside line, so i'll just do the same thing.

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostSun Jun 04, 06 7:08 pm     Reply with quote

I cannot tell if there is a quick release for your chicken (harness) loop and keeper. you want to make sure that you can release from your harness with out having to pull out the keeper, then pull the bar in to get the Chicken (harness) loop out.
Ya dig? ma brotha?

BTW is that orange shag carpet? Sweeeet!

Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostMon Jun 05, 06 8:53 pm    my shikle is shakled Reply with quote

thanks for the heads up, but i usually just use my masterlock and throw away the key.

glad you like my rug...here's the spiral staircase<---more fatality's per year than kitesurfing Cool

IMG_0044.JPG 
   IMG_0046.JPG 

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostThu Jun 15, 06 6:26 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
glad you like my rug...here's the spiral staircase<---more fatality's per year than kitesurfing

http://www.bofunk.com/video/491/stairway_to_hell.html

you see!!! i knew it!!!

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostThu Jun 15, 06 8:21 pm     Reply with quote

I hope you figured out a clean way to attach the line and the leader. A knot will ALWAYS hang up if you need it not to. The further away the worse off in desperate conditions. Keep a good knife handy if you go with it if its a knot , to relieve the pressure between yourself and your kite when such an occasion may arise.

dcrowe

Since 11 Oct 2005
265 Posts
Obsessed

PostThu Jun 15, 06 8:25 pm     Reply with quote

a neat knot not be not neat!

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostThu Jun 15, 06 8:32 pm     Reply with quote

dano this weekend will be ragin it seems...I have monday and tues penciles off as well. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostFri Jun 16, 06 6:48 am     Reply with quote

thank you for being concerned registered Cool

i actually put this bar aside and am using my other one, i didnt think it would turn my 16m fast enuff,....but its adequate.

its amazing how much bar size changes everything.

kristine

Since 23 Apr 2006
15 Posts
Portland

PostFri Jun 16, 06 7:31 am    Size Matters Reply with quote

Sol-flyer wrote:
its amazing how much bar size changes everything.

Uh yeah, size matters, especially on old, rode hard and hung up wet rigs!

dcrowe

Since 11 Oct 2005
265 Posts
Obsessed

PostFri Jun 16, 06 12:15 pm     Reply with quote

I'm in Fishr, let's get out there. Just finished work for the summer!!!!!

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostFri Jun 16, 06 1:46 pm    sol flyer Reply with quote

dude,
you should pony up some dough and get some lessons ,I watched you at the lake and you seemed like a good guy,,but with so many things to know and trial and error being the method you choose you could get hurt or worse yet hurt someone else ,the lake is a very tight location if you ask Will he will be glad to help
This sport has some things in common with flying airplanes and you never see old and bold pilots,

Hein

Since 08 Mar 2005
1313 Posts

Possessed

PostFri Jun 16, 06 3:07 pm     Reply with quote

That bar sure has some pokey looking
winders.

Looks like it could put your eye out!

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostFri Jun 16, 06 6:41 pm     Reply with quote

sol- It is like watching some one take of on a multipitch trad route with 59' foot of gold line and some homemade nuts. It can work but why suffer. In kiting the pain inflicted may be upon others. Yes big bar for big kites and small for small, once again making life easier. You got any funds?? I have some stuff thats safe that I could part ways with for a fair deal. Maybe a good 05 fuel (9 or 11) complete ?? that way you would have a good kite with a great safe bar. I have fallen in shallow water right onto a 02 slingy eye scooper bar and now enjoy the peace of mind of softer winders. Be safe, it sounds lame but its really great. Peace of mind of your saftey and your gear is what allows most to really push it to the limits. wait till you get on a good board it will change your world.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: