Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Uhhhoooo trouble is coming!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostThu May 11, 06 7:05 pm    Uhhhoooo trouble is coming! Reply with quote

Check this guy out! Surprised

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2044903898525617464&q=kite

He just purchased a 19meter kite and is trying to figure out how to fly it on land!. He starts by trying to attach the leads while the kite is leading edge down in the HOT position! Surprised

Luckily there is very little wind. He has NO harness ( he says that comes tomorrow in the mail!!) So the bar / kite is fully loaded. He finally figures out how to launch by having a buddy throw the kite up in the hot position.

This is like watching a slow motion car wreck. Only he doesnt wreck, But, Darwin is waiting for him!

We will read about him in the newspaper soon.....

Mark

www.naishkites.com

boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostThu May 11, 06 7:20 pm     Reply with quote

' I shoulda worn my f*cking cleats - I'm a retard ' - That's the reason why you read the directions - everyone knows you should wear your cleats!

hobbsla

Since 28 Jan 2006
389 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu May 11, 06 8:18 pm     Reply with quote

There are SO many things wrong with this guy. Oh how I wish there would have been more wind that day.... Bye bye new kite, bye bye. Not that I'd want him or his hanging-out-in-between the lines launch buddy to get hurt but still..... dude might need a dose of reality!

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu May 11, 06 10:14 pm     Reply with quote

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have uploaded this vid... now you guys think I'm a total retard!!! Wink

Totally agree with you though... He will probably die soon! Perhaps after first being lofted into the forest just downwind of him... Shocked

As a sidenote, how did they manage to film 34 minutes of this stupid/boring bullshit?

Slidingby

Since 29 Mar 2006
125 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostThu May 11, 06 11:59 pm     Reply with quote

I can see adam saying to JP, "damn we should have done that to nick, lol" - like "no it's ok nick I used to practice on this" hahaha~

P.s.. video was too boring hit fstforward all the way through didn't see anyone get their arms ripped out Sad all those people looked like a bunch of morons though.

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostFri May 12, 06 5:53 am     Reply with quote

I did't know that EH made a 19M LEI Trainer Kite.

Boy I sure wish i had one of those when i was first learning. So much time was spent on kite control, saftey, bystander saftey, bla bla bla......

Ha HA!!! Cleats are a good idea!!!

I am sure that kite, its owner and friends are thrashed by now.

Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri May 12, 06 6:17 am     Reply with quote

I would be throwing stones at this guy with the rest of you, but I have to admit, when I started me and my friends tried exactly the same thing. Embarassed

Luckily it was a 12m and not a 19m, and there was even less wind. Never even got it off the ground (with what I know now, thank god for that.)

Its amazing how little respect you have for these kites when you start, and then how quickly you learn that respect! Can't wait to see this kid's first real sesh with that monster 19. Shocked

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostFri May 12, 06 9:14 am     Reply with quote

That's true, Phil, but by the time most of us started on real LEI kites we had the whole steering/control combo down. They still look a little sketch as to which way to pull the bar when the kites diving towards the ground with a little power in it... Laughing "What an IDIOT!"

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostFri May 12, 06 12:42 pm     Reply with quote

Frat Boys + Drunk + 19m kite = Shocked Shocked

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostTue May 16, 06 10:38 am     Reply with quote

"One time when things were, looking bright
I started to whittling on a stick one night
Who said 'Hey, that's dynamite!'?
Nobody".

Johnny Cash

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostTue May 16, 06 11:54 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
I would be throwing stones at this guy with the rest of you, but I have to admit, when I started me and my friends tried exactly the same thing.

yep, i used a 9m, with a small ass area(they were lil trees Smile )

i'm glad there's www.kitesurfingschool.org or i would problay still be in that field Embarassed

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue May 16, 06 5:10 pm     Reply with quote

so crazy
Last edited by importracer9 99 on Mon Mar 22, 21 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: