Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

line makeup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2062 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostSat Apr 29, 06 7:33 am    line makeup Reply with quote

anyone know how Naish kite lines are made. I was stuck from going sailing yesterday and decided to layout my bar and lines and uptangle them, redo chicken loop etc. Next thing I know one of my cats in biting on the lines. No visible damage on the outside but what about inside. Is the kite line made like climbing rope where there is an inner core? I don't really feel like trolling like shark bait today . . .

Anyone going to the coast? SI is blowing now and the gorge is going to be nukie!

Question

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostSat Apr 29, 06 9:45 am     Reply with quote

Hey John, I saw your subject and though if I clicked I might get some ideas on balancing my skin tones, but oh well. Onad and I look for tips like that. Wink

Not positive about how the lines are made but I don't think they have an inner core. I'll bet your lines are ok if no visible damage but I wouldn't blame you for replacing to be sure. Wouldn't want to end up drifting out to sea or an appetizer for sharky.

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSun Apr 30, 06 7:05 am    don't worry Reply with quote

I have pulled out knots that where in for months using hemostats and needles, the line was fuzzy when done but held up fine

boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostSun Apr 30, 06 7:33 am     Reply with quote

I have my first knot in one of my center lines. I always check the lines when laying them out - but - there it is anyway. Is it better to: 1. leave it there 2.perform a little micro-surgery like blowhard, or 3. just replace the durn thing (I have an extra). Thx - C

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2062 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostSun Apr 30, 06 9:12 am     Reply with quote

boardrider wrote:
I have my first knot in one of my center lines. I always check the lines when laying them out - but - there it is anyway. Is it better to: 1. leave it there 2.perform a little micro-surgery like blowhard, or 3. just replace the durn thing (I have an extra). Thx - C

I learned this one from an old pole boarder, now kite addict . . . softly pound the knot with a smooth headed hammer against a smooth metal surface like another hammer or wrench. This loosens the knot. Spit helps as well.

This is a great thing when needing to replaces ur chicken loop/bowline knot. . . Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: