Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sauvie's Tuesday night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostTue Apr 25, 06 6:43 pm    Sauvie's Tuesday night Reply with quote

So I am out at sauvies praying for wind and putting together log rafts (sorry fisherman) when..... yeehaw the winds here (see graph).. Shocked ... oh wait, no its not.

On the plus side I moved all the small logs and stuff. We still have several piles of wood and some big logs left (couldn't budge them) Maybe we can get some people together and take care of the rest. Its good Karma you know! Wink

sauvie.gif 

www.naishkites.com

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Apr 25, 06 7:16 pm    Afternoon Cooridor Push... Reply with quote

Hey Mark,

Nice work... All those Sauvie riders should be schleping your gear and bringing you beer for the rest of the season. This is your second time out there busting butt on the launch site...

I busted out of work early and caught a sweet solo two hour session at the Hatchery from 4-6pm. Perfected the drift launch and landing off the point. Perfect 16m on my 17m lines, and lots of unhooky kite loops. Finally got bored of the perfect wind, went home and worked on getting da Malibu ready for the summer.

Not a bad way to spend an afternoon... Damn, I need a good aviator. Hey Mark, feel like taking some pictures next time we get out kiting? Funny how the photoguy never gets shots of himself. Speaking of that...nice aviator there Mark!

Adios, Bam

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Apr 25, 06 9:08 pm     Reply with quote

Surprised Did it feel like it gusted to 35 from 8? would hate to get caught up in something like that!! Noaa has different readings, not sure if they are the max for the hour or a snapshot on the hour?

Time Temp. Wind Wind Quality
Direction Speed Control
(PDT) (f) (mph)
25 Apr 9:00 pm 56 NNW 9 OK
25 Apr 8:00 pm 60 NNW 7 OK
25 Apr 7:00 pm 62 N 10 OK
25 Apr 6:00 pm 67 N 7 OK
25 Apr 5:00 pm 67 NNW 5 OK
25 Apr 4:00 pm 65 N 3 OK
25 Apr 3:00 pm 62 NNE 2 OK

Slidingby

Since 29 Mar 2006
125 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostTue Apr 25, 06 9:59 pm     Reply with quote

That's crazy if it's accurate~

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostWed Apr 26, 06 7:57 am     Reply with quote

Naw the wind was not that big. I think there must have been someone climbing the pole and spinning the anamometer!

Bam I would love to take the cam out and snap some shots. Let me know when.

As for the avatar I know the right people with cameras Wink

My schedule is usually flexable in the afternoons so feel free to give me a call and lets ride!

www.naishkites.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: