Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Beginers jones beach thursday?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
J-dizzle

Since 25 Apr 2006
34 Posts
kALAMA, WA

PostTue Apr 25, 06 2:56 pm    Beginers jones beach thursday? Reply with quote

I recently bought my gear and want to give it a go at Jones on thursday! I have already learned a little but would like sombody to ride with!

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostTue Apr 25, 06 9:05 pm    - Reply with quote

normally, i'd join in, but i'm headed out of town tomorrow... maybe next time.

Slidingby

Since 29 Mar 2006
125 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostTue Apr 25, 06 11:02 pm     Reply with quote

I am teh beginner for sure...but I have no big kites to use at the moment so I don't see myself making it...raincheck though.

splaterwin

Since 17 Nov 2005
165 Posts
Vancouver
Stoked

PostWed Apr 26, 06 7:39 am     Reply with quote

The forecast for Jones on Thursday is not looking to good. The gorge may be the place. I'm not sure what to expect with high water levels but during the summer the sandbar is my favorite place to learn. I see you live in Kelso, I live in Vancouver and have a waverunner that can help rescue newbies. Kalama has a nice boat launch and see that it seems to work when Sauvies is happening. Send me offlist message and we can discuss plans.

Jones4_27.jpg 
   Forecast4_27.jpg 

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostWed Apr 26, 06 7:43 am     Reply with quote

Your morning eyeball report: Clouds all the way to Viento this morning in the Gorge, but the Hatchery was firing as I was driving into work... I am hoping that the clouds will burn back to Portland and make Stevenson kick harder than yesterday...

It was GOOD at the Hatch last night... Hope to see a crew at Stevenson tonight if the wind Gods abide...

Jonny Bammer

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostWed Apr 26, 06 7:51 am     Reply with quote

Your morning eyeball report: Clouds all the way to Viento this morning in the Gorge, but the Hatchery was firing as I was driving into work... I am hoping that the clouds will burn back to Portland and make Stevenson kick harder than yesterday...

It was GOOD at the Hatch last night... Hope to see a crew at Stevenson tonight if the wind Gods abide...

Jonny Bammer

pauls

Since 20 Jun 2005
562 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

PostWed Apr 26, 06 10:00 am     Reply with quote

Sauvies to Kalama may be good for us beginners tomorrow if NOAA has it right "Thursday: Mostly cloudy in the morning...then partly sunny. Highs around 70. Afternoon northwest wind 5 to 15 mph." Usually get the high end of the forecast on the river and with a bit of help from the current it might be good. Decision time will be about 2pm tomorrow, don't forget to dress for being in the water not that 70 degrees on the beach

paul

J-dizzle

Since 25 Apr 2006
34 Posts
kALAMA, WA

PostWed Apr 26, 06 10:20 am     Reply with quote

Kalama sounds great! I watched a few of my friends catch some big air @ kalama on the 23rd. The only thing is Iam brand new to the sport and Kalama has a small beach with alot of drift wood. Cant wait to get this shit down though kalama is only 10 min from my house!

Jake

EdG

Since 19 Dec 2005
424 Posts
Just a Kook that's
Obsessed

PostWed Apr 26, 06 9:28 pm     Reply with quote

I should be at Sauvie’s on Thursday and Friday, wind or not, and kites in tow including a 2M Slingshot. I just like it there and will bring my class work with me in case the wind does not pick up. I also like the long beach to walk back up since I get caught downwind even if there is wind Embarassed Jones is also great for this but is much further away from me.

Have you had lessons? If not, you may want to talk to someone before venturing out even with other kiters. The first go with my gear was a little more than nerve racking. I hope to see you out there!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: