Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Hammer Kite boards
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostMon Apr 24, 06 9:25 am    Hammer Kite boards Reply with quote

Any body know where to find info on the Hammer Surf Kite boards? The Hammer Surf Web site doesnt have anything on it for Kite boards.

PKH, did you used to have the 147 (debaser??) I am looking into how that board rides and would like some review feed back. anybody else?

Cheers,

Ryan

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Apr 24, 06 10:09 am     Reply with quote

I had the 147 GTO, the Debaser is the 137.

Both are great boards, the GTO was my second board and it felt like a dream to the Circa 2001 Naish TT I had.

The Hammers are a very stiff board, basically no flex. But they do give a suprisingly smooth ride because of the side channels. They are a little too locked in feeling for my current tastes, but my last few boards feel like they have little or no fin. The locked in feeling is definitely better for learning and waves.

You probably already know this, but HammerSurf stopped producing new kiteboard designs and got out of the biz back in 2003-04, so any thing you see out there today is leftovers from that.

Dano and Tonski are hammer experts, maybe you could ask them too?

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostMon Apr 24, 06 10:21 am     Reply with quote

Check with Gorge Performance. I believe they still have some Hammers left out in the shed.

Agree with pkh, great boards for going up-wind. Pretty stiff though, not much flex to absorb the chop.

I still have my 147 Ono for big surf days.

Tonski sold here Debaser & followed the ways of pkh to the Hein board realm. Don’t think she’s ever coming back to production boards...

~D

Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostMon Apr 24, 06 10:59 am     Reply with quote

Thanks, Thats what i heard about the boards. just wanted to be sure wha i was hearing was correct.

Sailut

Since 31 May 2005
72 Posts
Utah

PostMon Apr 24, 06 2:30 pm     Reply with quote

I have a lightly used 137 Debasser. (for sale)
killer board, made by surfer dudes in Canon Beach.
I'm keeping my 147 Hammersurf GTO, for lighter wind.
To many boards, need to sell some.

$250 and I'll pay shipping.

-Marty Cool

Also a Hein 127W for sale ($225)

I know this should be in for sale section,
just replying to ryan's post.

Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostMon Apr 24, 06 2:54 pm     Reply with quote

Whats the difference between the 147 GTO and 147 Ono? got any pics for clarification? do these plan up fast despite alot of rocker?

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostMon Apr 24, 06 3:24 pm     Reply with quote

Boards are the same. Ono is set up as a pseudo “directional” for surf riding with the foot straps offset 1 & ½ inch to the rear of the board. Ono also has heel fins & larger rear fins (2.5 inch).

I’ll look for some pictures to post. ~Dano

Here are the setup instructions from Hammer. Might help to answer some of your questions:

We’re stoked for the opportunity to feed your kitesurfing addiction! Our boards are designed for maximum thrill in a wide range of conditions- that’s what it’s all about!
As a hammersurf customer we know you’re smart… so we’ll keep this info-sheet brief-
Contents of your purchase:
- One original hammersurf channel-bottomed kiteboard!

All Models:
- One pair Dakine Vario Footbeds.
- One pair Dakine Vario Footstraps.
- Four rectangular footstrap washers with stainless backing plate.
- Four stainless ¼-20 x 3/4” panhead machine screws for footstraps.

147cm and 157cm GTO models:- Four 1.75” epoxy fins.
- Eight stainless ¼-20 x 1-1/4” flathead machine screws for fins.
- Eight anodized aluminum washers for flathead fin screws.

175cm HTT model:
- Four 1.75” epoxy fins.
- Four stainless ¼-20 x 1-1/4” flathead machine screws for fins (use in holes closest to tips).
- Four (4) anodized aluminum washers for flathead fin screws.
- Four (4) stainless ¼-20 x 1-1/4” panhead machine screws for fins (use in holes furthest from tips).
- Four (4) neoprene tension regulators (washers…) for panhead fin screws.

4’ 10” ONO surf style model:
- Two (2) 1.75” epoxy fins.
- Two (2) 2.5” epoxy tail fins.
- Two (2) top-secret .7” rail fins.
- Six (6) stainless ¼-20 x 1-1/4” flathead machine screws for fins.
- Six (6) anodized aluminum washers for flathead fin screws.
- Four (4) stainless 10-24 x 1-1/8” flathead machine screws for rail fins.
- Four (4) anodized aluminum washers for flathead rail fin screws.
Setting up:
Footbeds:
- Centerline Stance-Based on stance width, position the footbeds parallel to each other (with the arch supports to the inside), and the threaded inserts visible through the slots. Remove the adhesive backing and press into place.
- Duck Stance-Based on stance width, position the footbeds in a duck stance (with the arch supports to the inside), and threaded inserts visible through the slots diagonal from each other. Remove the adhesive backing and press into place.
*Some riders may prefer narrower footstraps than the Vario pads allow. If so, prior to sticking the pads in position, cut a narrow notch 1” long in the pad from the outside (non-arch side), so the screw will be able to line up to the insert hidden by the pad. Do not notch the pad from the inside as it will remove part of the arch support and make attaching the straps difficult.
Footstraps:
- Centerline Stance-The rectangular footstrap washers include both a single and dual fastener option. Set aside the dual fastener pieces for recycling later… and use the single fastener washers with the stainless backing plate along with the panhead machine screws supplied to fasten the footstraps to suit you (cut a tiny slot in the fabric to allow the machine screw through).
- Duck Stance-The rectangular footstrap washers include both a single and dual fastener option. Set aside the single fastener pieces for recycling later… and use the dual fastener washers with the stainless backing plate along with the panhead machine screws supplied to fasten the footstraps to suit you. You will only be using 1 screw through 1 hole in the washer that matches to the insert under the pad (cut a tiny slot in the fabric to allow the machine screw through).
Fins:
Twin-tip models (147cm GTO, 157cm GTO, and 175cm HTT):
- Position all fins as tail fins (deep section of fins toward tips), and use the fin holes that place the fins closest to the tips.
- Fasten in place with supplied hardware. No need to over tighten, just snug the screws up every 2-3 sessions.

4’ 10” ONO*:
- Position 1.75” fins as tail fins at the front of the board (just as above).
- Position 2.5” tail fins at tail, with a single machine screw and the set posts in the fins.
- Position .7” rail fins with shallow entry forward.
- Fasten in place with supplied hardware. No need to over tighten, just snug the screws up every 2-3 sessions.
*The ONO can be ridden like a twin, but the stance on deck is offset 1.5” toward the tail for “directional” surf-style riding when desired. The fin configuration compliments this.

HS.jpg 

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostMon Apr 24, 06 4:41 pm    surf maybe Reply with quote

i just rode my pals old hammer 140? and it was a nice ride but not wanting any fast movement, like a slalom board

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostMon Apr 24, 06 7:44 pm     Reply with quote

Which year & model was that?? Confused

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostMon Apr 24, 06 8:01 pm    hammer boards Reply with quote

its really hard to sit here and see people talking about HAMMER...those people jacked the REAL HAMMER....why would you want to support people like that ????

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostMon Apr 24, 06 8:12 pm    Re: hammer boards Reply with quote

Huh?? Plez elaborate...

Hammers ruled,,, for a while.....

jahmbi wrote:
its really hard to sit here and see people talking about HAMMER...those people jacked the REAL HAMMER....why would you want to support people like that ????

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostMon Apr 24, 06 8:27 pm    hammer boards Reply with quote

yes they were awsome but it seems that and its very obvious that nobody knows about how hammer got screwed over ...so thats why it is a very sore subject ..i actually have right here one of the 1st three kite boards HAMMER MADE....my sug..is go buy somthing else..THE REAL HAMMER DOES NOT MAKE THEM ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostMon Apr 24, 06 10:02 pm     Reply with quote

The last I heard, real Hammer now lives in Santa Cruz and works for Surf-Tech... Gary Swanson of Cascade Sailboards is now shaping for the "New Hammer"...

The real story is long and twisted... Bummer, cause I really like that REAL HAMMER Guy...

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostTue Apr 25, 06 6:18 am    not too sure Reply with quote

it is at least five years old ,I didn't know they changed them much though

Slidingby

Since 29 Mar 2006
125 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostTue Apr 25, 06 9:58 pm     Reply with quote

I was looking at some hammer boards yesterday... I'm needing to pick up a bigger board for the summer (bigger than my 128 that is).

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostWed Apr 26, 06 5:40 am    Re: hammer boards Reply with quote

jahmbi wrote:
yes they were awsome but it seems that and its very obvious that nobody knows about how hammer got screwed over ...so thats why it is a very sore subject ..i actually have right here one of the 1st three kite boards HAMMER MADE....my sug..is go buy somthing else..THE REAL HAMMER DOES NOT MAKE THEM ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, chill out, I'd supose that you are so old school that you started kiting on one line kites, in china!

Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostWed Apr 26, 06 6:46 am    Re: hammer boards Reply with quote

Wyo Kiter wrote:
jahmbi wrote:

Dude, chill out, I'd supose that you are so old school that you started kiting on one line kites, in china!
yes i did and you prob. saw an issue of kiteboard mag..then started dreaming of being a kiter..and thats where it ended..you prob. go and work in a cube every day @ work,,and also hide from your boss under the desk as he walks by...kited manzanita yesterday.....did you get in the water????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: