Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sauvies, Coast, Gorge Today
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostFri Apr 21, 06 4:30 am    Sauvies, Coast, Gorge Today Reply with quote

WTF? Looks like the clouds will clear and it just might happen today at Sauvies, the coast and gorge. Shocked No excuses today... should be able to get some unless you actually have some responsibilities. Very Happy

boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostFri Apr 21, 06 5:57 am     Reply with quote

Did you do do the way early retirement thing? I've got riders envy. -C

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Apr 21, 06 6:01 am     Reply with quote

Rollo, you're killing me! Got to go out of town for work this weekend. The mile-high city! Think it'll blow there?

No friend of missing wind. Crying or Very sad

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostFri Apr 21, 06 6:22 am     Reply with quote

Yah boyyyyyy!! North looks promising for SI:

For: 9.8 miles south of Columbia City.
Created: April 21, 2006 07:13:08 PDT

Today: Partly cloudy. Chance of rain showers in the morning. Probability of measurable precipitation 40 percent. Northwest wind 13 mph. High 58.

Very detailed forecast by George on iKitesurf: Sign up for the service if you don't have it!!

Columbia River forecast issued 4/21/2006 at 7:00 AM by meteorologist George McLean

Transitions to offshore flow over the weekend for east wind. Westerlies returning Monday.
Surface high pressure builds in setting up offshore flow by Saturday afternoon. A thermal trough west of The Cascades sets up easterly gradients in The Gorge on Saturday. The wind along the coast should still fill in to the beaches in the mid to late afternoon on Saturday.

A strong ridge is over the region Sunday and surface gradients should be easterly through The Gorge. Coastal wind should be offshore and most likely will not fill in to the beaches. The next trough approaches the coast on Monday kicking the thermal trough inland and switching the surface gradients back to westerly.

Saturday:
Saturday should be a transition day to offshore flow as high pressure builds inland.

Stevenson - East wind in the 18-22 range by mid morning.
Swell City - Light east wind in the 10-15 range in the afternoon.
Dougs - Light east wind in the 10-15 range in the afternoon.
Maryhill - Light east wind 12-16 in the afternoon.
Arlington - Light east wind in the 10-15 range.
Jones Beach - Light east wind in the 8-12 range.
North coast - NE 12-16 early then NNW 14-18 late.
Central coast - NE 10-15 early then NNW 18-22 late.
South coast - NNW 20-24 late.

Sunday:
Strong easterly gradients set up good east wind in the western Gorge. Stevenson should see east wind in the 22-26 range in the morning decreasing in the afternoon. The central and eastern Gorge sites should see east wind in the 10-15 range. Coastal sites should see NE wind in the 10-15 range.

Monday:
The next trough approaches the coast. Gorge gradients switch to westerly as the thermal trough moves inland. Jones Beach has potential for west wind in the 18-22 range in the afternoon. Stevenson should be west 16-20 in the afternoon. Swell City should be west 16-20 late in the day. Gorge sites farther east should be lighter. Coastal sites should be SW in the 10-15 range and cloudy.[/b]

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Apr 21, 06 7:03 am     Reply with quote

Wow this whole weekend forecast has been topsy turvy... it went from sun west wind, rain sw wind, north wind, now north and east wind?

Funny because I'd planned to spend all weekend in the Gorge and now it looks like the best options will probably be around Portland.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2062 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostFri Apr 21, 06 7:26 am    Coast anyone? Reply with quote

I juggled a few things and now want to go kiting. . . Anyone going down to Seaside, Sunset. My usually riding partners actually can't make it. Would rather sail the coast than SI, but I'm fearful of the river troll down there at the north coast Razz and its more fun and much safer with someone else. PM me if u are.

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostFri Apr 21, 06 7:37 am     Reply with quote

fyi, some of the guys made Stevenson work yesterday - strangest thing because it wasn't blowing anywhere else on the way up there from ptown....

My bar broke so don't know which bar is going to work with my WindWing kites.......might hook up some string and a tree branch today at Sauvies, unless Gorge Performance has something for a bow kite.

broadbandito

Since 26 Apr 2005
342 Posts
CSO headwaters
WheatHead

PostFri Apr 21, 06 8:08 am     Reply with quote

SI looks kite-able now!

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostFri Apr 21, 06 8:32 am     Reply with quote

Yo, BB

When can we expect your mobile satellite unit to arrive at the SI berm and transmit a site report??

I’m gona try & break free around 13:00hrs...

Roger That?

Copy!!

Nad, Over, but not Out, Yet… Twisted Evil

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostFri Apr 21, 06 8:35 am     Reply with quote

Roger that

Heavy Rhyno en Route

ETA 12 hundred hours

lost sheep you got your ears on?

10/4

Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostFri Apr 21, 06 8:37 am     Reply with quote

JP, Nick, and I are taking off for South Jetty, Newport or Siletz in just a few. See ya there!!!!!!! Cool

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2062 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostFri Apr 21, 06 8:45 am     Reply with quote

No beach takers and its appears the coast will blow tomorrow afternoon in a favorable N to NW direction, so I'm headed out to SI. Blowing pretty hard on the gusts last reading i got was N14 gusts to 23.

I'll bring the chain saw, rake and a couple garbage bags to aid in the clean up effort.

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostFri Apr 21, 06 9:39 am     Reply with quote

Roger that!

Heavy Naish inbound eta 13:00 hours.

Hope the runway is still clear!

Mark

www.naishkites.com

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Apr 21, 06 9:50 am     Reply with quote

I'll be headed out to SI or the Gorge which ever looks best this afternoon. My original plan was to be in the Gorge but I am desperate for some Sauvies action!

NOAA just updated their forecast for Saturday and it looks like its going to be an awesome SI day, warm and windy.

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostFri Apr 21, 06 9:57 am     Reply with quote

Suppose it’s never too early (i.e. cold) for nude kiting eh?? Wink

pkh wrote:
... but I am desperate for some Sauvies action!

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostFri Apr 21, 06 11:08 am     Reply with quote

Hey All,

Long lost snowbound Bammer back on line and headed back into watersports involvement. Gots good 12m last night at Stevenson and am inbound for a 3pm repeat today. Camera shows clearing and whitey white caps a cappin...

Who wants to demo an 06 Torchy Torch???

Adios, Ba bam...

PS: Mountain photoshoot this weekend will not let me escape to the coast. Someone rip the top off a wave for me...

Good Grief, looks like every kite spot in Oregon is going to light up this afternoon...

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostFri Apr 21, 06 12:43 pm     Reply with quote

I had a good morning sesh at SI from 10-12, powered on a 13 till the wind backed before I left. Rip it up ya'll, I'm off to Bend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: