Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

get to the coast,NOW!
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostTue Apr 04, 06 11:35 am    get to the coast,NOW! Reply with quote

go, already! Idea Arrow

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Apr 04, 06 11:39 am     Reply with quote

we going to newport
Last edited by importracer9 99 on Tue Mar 23, 21 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Apr 04, 06 11:40 am     Reply with quote

hopefully
Last edited by importracer9 99 on Mon Mar 22, 21 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Slidingby

Since 29 Mar 2006
125 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostTue Apr 04, 06 11:55 am     Reply with quote

take me take me haha...I've got classes today damnit!! Rolling Eyes

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostTue Apr 04, 06 6:11 pm     Reply with quote

Powered up 13 at the Jetty today Shakedown session yueaaaaah

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Apr 04, 06 6:44 pm     Reply with quote

how much do you weigh mocean? i was getting pretty worked on the 11m, im never too good with the current over there Confused

it was cool though, you rode for awhile, we saw your kite from the bridge on our way home...

take care

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Apr 04, 06 7:08 pm     Reply with quote

Good to hear the coast was firing, Sauvies was glassy until around 5pm when a ripple developed, but nothing more.

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostTue Apr 04, 06 7:11 pm     Reply with quote

I've been dieting lately so I'm down to 213. Kind of hectic rushing to the jetty after work, especially since I was caught by surprise and had to go home first- luckily it paid off.

We need a good string of 5 or 6 days like this!

Steve

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostTue Apr 04, 06 7:46 pm     Reply with quote

lit up on my 11 until 4 , then was powered on the 9 for a bit. 4 men on duty at Florence. Very Happy

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue Apr 04, 06 10:01 pm     Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't really get any good pics today... I ended up filming most of the time since we haven't got any good (nice weather) footage in forever. Hopefully it's nice this weekend and my freakin' Pro-X comes in too! Cool

Anywho, just a few of the nice weather, and Steve rippin'!

Steve2.jpg 
   Steve1.jpg 
Setting up the Fuels...
 Setting up the Fuels...  JP13Me11.jpg 
This was on our way in, but it's crazy how well you can see kites at the jetty from up here!
 This was on our way in, but it's crazy how well you can see kites at the jetty from up here!  SouthJetty.jpg 

Slidingby

Since 29 Mar 2006
125 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostTue Apr 04, 06 11:02 pm     Reply with quote

sick

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostWed Apr 05, 06 5:22 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the pix Adam,
That's my 13 that I'm selling, in action!

Steve

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostWed Apr 05, 06 8:29 am    Florence IS the Windhole Reply with quote

lit on the 10.0, northwest double overhead ,fast down the line ,who cares if it's cold ,,not a bad start for the first day of northwest swell and wind,dogs loved it too

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostWed Apr 05, 06 9:11 am     Reply with quote

Way to charge it guys!! Thumb's Up

NW Kiters ROCK!!!

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Apr 05, 06 2:57 pm     Reply with quote

for sure
Last edited by importracer9 99 on Mon Mar 22, 21 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostThu Apr 06, 06 7:53 am     Reply with quote

N coast report for Tuesday was very similar. 4 on the crew at Seaside DOH 11-13m. I crawled off the water from exhaustion on the Redline Caution... but here's a story to kill some time:

I learned to kite in Oceanside/Netarts in late '03/'04 and fell in love w/the sport. I bought a used 11.5m AR5 and soon purchased a quiver of Boxers. I was getting held back some with the SS Dimis Twin picklefork and at the Windance swap that spring dropped the cash on a new Caution Redline 142. I loved that board but as anyone who has kited in Netarts can attest, that place is a man and equipment-eater. Not long after I had my board, I went down in the channel and watched hopelessly as it drifted out to sea on an outgoing tide (it was questionable that I could body drag back to Happy Camp). I searched the spit and area for days finally posted a lost board sign online and in the area but basically kissed it goodbye.

Last week, I get a call from a Russian/Ukrainian/Slavic guy who is calling as a "fellow American" with a good heart. Turns out he is sitting in his garage looking at a "riding board or something"... been sitting here collecting dust for two years and finally decided to call the poor sap. He eventually agreed to meet and return the board but if I wanted to give him a "finders fee"... that would be appreciated he said (he mentioned this several times with some strong language).

But where was he? Where did he find the board? He was in SE Portland...Clackamas really. He doesn't know where he found the board (on a river somewhere). I arranged to meet him this last weekend because I was coming into Portland. Vague directions and a foldup Portland map made for some interesting detours around 82nd (some places don't change much) but I finally found his pad...four souped-up Civics in the driveway in various stages of repair/improvement/? and a pair of legs sticking out of one. I went up and said hi. Guy rolls out and we walk into his garage. There it is on the floor with a bunch of blankets and discarded containers and shit looking sad and dusty (he commented that he "didn't even use it" - read: "I couldn't find anyone to buy it because nobody knew what the fuck it was"). I reached down and picked it up. I stood there looking at the guy for an awkward moment as he wordlessly tried to guilt me into a reward...he did everything but hold out his hand.

Back up now to me, my wife and two little girls driving up to the place 10 minutes prior in the minivan. I was sitting there in the driver's seat and pulled out my wallet and grabbed a $20 (I know... cheap but I guess I felt like I should give him something for calling). My wife looked at me like "are you kidding?" but hey, there's a karma thing/effect/vortex out there ya know.

So there I am looking at this puke and though the board was in pretty good shape, except for a small gouge on the rail and one on a fin, I was getting really tweaked. My face was getting red and my fists were involuntarily starting to clench. I mean really... what self-respecting kiter would give money to a guy who found a piece of equipment (my beloved first new board) that had the owner's name on it and let it collect dust and lay around blankets infested with cat put and NOT CALL THE GUY. I probably would have given him a $100 if he called right away. But instead I didn't say a thing and turned around and walked back to the car, my $20 still crisp and tidy in my front shirt pocket. Better spent at Burger King feeding the kiddies.

So now my Caution is back and I hadn't ridden it since I was poking my ass out lookin like a gaper (maybe I still look like that but no one pop my bubble). Crankin' wind and sizable swell on Tuesday was an apt test for it and my report is that the thing rides better than sex. Full concave and comfy footbeds/straps with a perfect rocker came in handy... I love it. I would sell but the history may be too deep for me. Thanks to Tony Barbiari for giving me a great deal on a new board and kudos to Caution for designing a very nice ocean board so early in the game. It is as good as any board I've riden out there...maybe better. I think I'll keep it around but anyone who wants to give it a whirl can...as long as they are not near a river mouth.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Apr 06, 06 9:10 am     Reply with quote

Damn barfly, well told! I can't believe some people, but I'm glad you got your board back after soooo long. And I would haven't given that motherfucker shit either! Now I'm trying to think of who I know (and not necessarily like) around there that "builds" Hondas, etc... Wasn't off 172nd, close to Sunnyside, was it? Wink RETARDS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: