Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Witness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Freeride Kiter

Since 08 Jul 2011
698 Posts
Alaska / PNW / Baja
Instructor

PostThu Aug 13, 15 9:36 pm    Witness Reply with quote

Today I had the privilege of watching an interaction at the Wunderbar that brought me back down to earth, breathing a sigh of release (not relief) in knowing that no matter how great things are for one, it may not be that way for the other.

A kiter comes up to the western edge of the sandbar and starts setting up their kite. After the kite is pumped the lines are drawn the kiter goes about getting the rest of their situation stowed.

An obvious newb heads in to take a break, sees a willing lander and proceeds to land their kite over the lines laid by the other kiter.

Before the kite hits the ground I hear "Oh great right over my lines".. Instant attitude without consideration. Then as the newb is coming in and takes a moment to assess the session the covered line kiter says ( in a sarcastic tone ) can you roll up your lines please! An entertaining exchange occurs and it all works out.

Covered lines had to go to work soon and really had no interest in anything or anyone there. Just wanted to get out for a session like the rest of us.

We were all there once, if kiting has become such a routine that we're blind to the stoke it once brought us then please join me skydiving or para-gliding or diving or saving a life in the back of an ambulance to get that excitement and stoke back!! Just don't be that guy (or gal) with an attitude like there isn't enough time in your life for decency and consideration - none of us are that cool.

www.freeridekiting.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: