Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Bar pressure vs kite setting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
451 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Aug 04, 14 7:10 pm    Bar pressure vs kite setting Reply with quote

On my LF NRG kites there are different bar pressure settings. On the middle setting, I guess it would be the "normal" setting I love how the kite handles/feels but after about 2hrs that bar pressure is definitely noticeable.

I assume I sacrifice something by moving around the bar pressure setting on the bridle, I'm just not sure what. I assume turning speed and feedback along the lines.

any advice from fellow NRG riders would be appreciated

D-Krep It Kiter

Since 18 Jul 2011
417 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Aug 04, 14 8:17 pm     Reply with quote

Hi Jerp! I'm on the 2014 NRG as well (10m). I haven't even checked what the back lines are set at... I think I've got it on the light bar pressure/fast turning setting, but I'll check. The bar pressure on mine is lighter that most other kites that I've flown. I'd recommend that setting for you if you're finding the bar pressure fatiguing. Heavy bar pressure/slower steering really favors people who are still new to kiting, and benefit from a slower turning kite that gives lots of bar pressure feedback to let you know exactly what the kite is doing. You're way past that, so I'd say feel free to set it to lighter pressure and faster steering. The NRG isn't a super-fast turning kite, so its not like you're going to change it and suddenly feel like you're out of control. We can compare notes next time I see you at Jones!

Line Attachment Points.png 

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
451 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Aug 04, 14 8:37 pm     Reply with quote

cheers for the reply.. more turning speed and lighter pressure is perfect.

we can for sure swap notes at Jones, I'll bring the beer

Jer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: