Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

State wide skunkage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSat Jun 03, 06 2:11 pm    State wide skunkage Reply with quote

This sucks!

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostSat Jun 03, 06 3:10 pm     Reply with quote

Yep. Here are some pictures from yesterday at the SS to keep folks entertained. Had a pretty good turnout, and the wind was nice and steady.

Only downer to the day was someone else got there truck broken into Sad . If you sail here, remember to keep all your valuables out of site.

Nice job on the pictures Janet. Hopefully I got the names right Wink .

Jim2 SS.jpg 
Accidental board-off :)
 Accidental board-off :)  Jim SS.jpg 
   Tom and Jim SS.jpg 
   Sean SS.jpg 
   Sean2 SS.jpg 
   Kurt SS.jpg 
   Kurt2 SS.jpg 
Nice grab Tom!
 Nice grab Tom!  Tom SS.jpg 
Phil going huge!
 Phil going huge!  Phil SS.jpg 
   Kites SS.jpg 

littlegus

Since 08 Jul 2005
29 Posts
La Jungla

PostSat Jun 03, 06 9:04 pm    Car break in hoax Reply with quote

Who's car was broken into? This sounds like a hoax. I haven't seen this problem when I went.

If you want me to break your windows, keep posting this crap and I will.

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostSat Jun 03, 06 11:00 pm     Reply with quote

Why would I post that if it was crap? Tom may know the guy but he was driving a red pickup truck. The dude actually broke into his camper shell, then broke the window out from the back of the pickup, not sure waht if anything was taken. A few weeks ago someone had there dodge sprinter broken into. I know I really enjoy setting up elaborate hoaxes about people getting there cars broken into.

littlegus

Since 08 Jul 2005
29 Posts
La Jungla

PostSun Jun 04, 06 7:10 am     Reply with quote

I called it a hoax because it seems like all the break-ins reported come from secret (small) spot, which can get crowded with little more than a few people. Plus, the side of the freeway certainly is not the best place to break into a car (certainly not the worst either). On top of that, the people who kite there the most never seem to get their cars broken into. Obviously, vandals strike at random, probably targeting cars that appear to contain something valuable. Maybe, the people who freqent secret spot follow your advice and leave their cars without valuables (or even unlocked).

I certainly didn't say it or the other purported break-ins were elaborate because they certainly weren't.

Sailut

Since 31 May 2005
72 Posts
Utah

PostSun Jun 04, 06 7:10 am     Reply with quote

Steve B. is the owner of the red dodge truck.
He didn't have anything of real value stolen.
Some small tools and a mostly empty back pack.
They must be looking for money or easy to sell things.

(second hand info, Steve is a friend of a friend)

-Marty Cool

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostSun Jun 04, 06 8:50 am     Reply with quote

Marty,
I am glad Steve didn't get anything valuable stolen.

Littlegus, if you don't believe me, then by allmeans sail there and leave valuables in the open, maybe you will prevent someone else from getting there car broken into. If you know me then you would realize that I am not the type of person to make stuff up, and I take offense at you saying I am. I see no reason to keep people away from the not so "secret spot". It is plenty big enough and the people that sail there are very freindly and helpful. If I wanted to keep people away I would not post pictures.

Now back on topic, the person I caled Sean I believe is actually Lee, sorry about that. Cool

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostSun Jun 04, 06 9:20 am     Reply with quote

Kodiak is doing the right thing here.

I’m pretty sure I saw the perp drive off. In fact he almost ran over me and then the jerk nearly got nailed by a tractor/trailer rig as he peeled out onto the freeway. That's what made me go back and check on the other vehicles. As Kodiak said, the person popped open Steve's camper shell window and broke the glass between the shell and the cab. The theif got only a briefcase and fortunately didn't take 3 Slingys in back.
I must've spooked him as I ran back to the car to change.

I didn't have much time to try and ID the jerk as he sped past but he had nearly shoulder length brown wavy hair. The theif's vehicle is little red truck with a red shell and I think it was an OR license something close to AA113? If anyone see's something close to this pm me.

Just say no to agro 'tude.
Sorry to see Kodiak taking heat for trying to help out fellow kiters.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Jun 04, 06 9:29 am     Reply with quote

Chill Little Gus! Believe it or not, breakins happen. Maybe Steve could take some pics of his broken camper shell to prove it to you?

Anyway lets all be happy, the wind is coming back today. Hooray. See you on the water. Rufus or the NSSS.

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostSun Jun 04, 06 7:03 pm     Reply with quote

Yup breakins happen, it happens in Kalama as well. Not sure why people would post it if they didn't. Anyway, a sting operaton would be really cool. Something like a bucket of old tools with a snake in the bottom, a really pissed of snake. Or even better a steak out with that nice camera and some tele photo shots of the perp. I know you'd all rather kite than steak out but if my hunch is correct it could be the same guy, and all you need to do is catch em red handed, on film, and maybe he get what is coming to him. Good Luck guys.
Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

littlegus

Since 08 Jul 2005
29 Posts
La Jungla

PostSun Jun 04, 06 9:38 pm     Reply with quote

Sorry Kodiak, I didn't mean to imply anything about your integrity, there have just been lots of reports about break-ins at nsss and I was calling into question all of them. I would have said what I said regardless of who posted it. This sounds like a real crazy one since the thief tried didn't care if he hit someone. The important thing is everyone is okay. I certainly realize a car can be a target wherever it is parked and it can take a second to get in the car.

I was just angry reading about all the break-ins. I certainly won't go breaking windows, I just felt like it when I made that post.

Any idea what to do if you catch someone in the act and are able to grab them? Make a citizens arrest and call the cops?

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostMon Jun 05, 06 6:06 pm     Reply with quote

Littlegus, apology accepted. Hopefully we won't see any others for a long time to come. There were a ton of folks out Sunday, and I didn't here of any issues. Maybe Tom scared him off and he won't be back.

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostTue Jun 06, 06 9:36 pm     Reply with quote

Skunkage for me at sauvies with a 12bow 2 days in a row.

5pm yesterday it was 5-9. Today it was 9-10ish

(luckily I wasn't rowing with my hands. too much.)

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostTue Jun 06, 06 9:58 pm     Reply with quote

Is there that big a difference between the bow and the contra? Were Henry and Phil riding the contra at the same time you were at Sauvies? Just curious...

Nak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: