Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Board Meeting Minutes - April 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> CGKA
previous topic :: next topic  
Author Message

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostFri May 15, 09 7:20 am    Board Meeting Minutes - April 2009 Reply with quote

Board Meeting Minutes
Board Meeting Minutes: April 9th, 2009
2nd Wind Shop Hood River, Oregon

Board Members:
Present: Jim Grady, Pepi Gerald, Nicole Doolittle, Adam Monaghan, Mark Barnes, Brett Kelly, Forrest Rae
Absent: Cory Roeseler, Tonia Farman, Steve Fisher, Henry Rico, Garret Zallen

Quorum present? Yes
Others Present:

Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m. by President, Jim Grady

Access by: Jim Grady, President:
Jim met with Glenn (park manager Rowena) about the proposed improvements. At this point they will not allow any improvements to Rowena. It’s a nature preserve and tribal land. Hopefully in the future we can do some improvements but at this point we can’t add gravel or move rocks.

Event Site:
Kiters are now allowed to pump and dry their kites on the east side of the grass all year long. This is a great accomplishment for the CGKA. Kiters can still launch and land from Oct 1st – April 30th.

Suggestion made to do a party to educate kiters on the new rules. The party will be discussed at the next meeting.

Stevenson Update by: Mark Barnes:
The cleanup is going to be on April 25th. The dam will lower the water level for us on that day.

The Port recently purchased the lot next to Bob’s beach. Any new improvements should be multisport improved.

The Breakwater broke and will no longer be there (by the dock).

Need to do a sandbar clean up. Suggestion to do the clean up the same weekend as the Stevenson one, motion denied. Board agrees to do a Sandbar clean up but wait until May after spring melt has cleared the Sandbar.

CGKA floating dock at the Hook has been put on hold. The Port would like more information about the dock (diagrams, materials, ect). In the mean time the Port will improve the ramps at the hook. Forrest is working with the Port to get the ramps widened so they will be easier to launch/land from for kiters.

Need an organizer. Nicole and Steve will take the lead on the Blowout.

Rooster Rock Camera:

Forrest brought up the motion for the CGKA to donate the last $100 needed for the Rooster Rock camera. Motion tabled till we have more information about the website that the camera will be on. Update - motion made to pay last $70 approved via email. CGKA logo will be on the website for the Rooster Rock camera. Motion approved.

Pepi finished the bylaws. Changes noted and by laws will be edited. Update - motion made via email to pass edited by laws. Motion passed.

Changes need to be made to the membership page. Change the comment box to name

Future business:
-Re-evaluated the Delta management plan that was agreed on in spring of 2007 (runs through
2009). Event site access for kiters.
-Access to Viento.

-Demo Day - Garret
-Nicole and Steve – Plan the Blowout
-Pepi - Viento
-Nicole –working on non profit status.

Minutes submitted by Nicole Doolittle.

View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> CGKA All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum