Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Anyone ride the gk sonic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tkiter

Since 01 Aug 2005
16 Posts
gorge

PostWed Apr 26, 06 12:54 pm    Anyone ride the gk sonic? Reply with quote

How did you like it? What size? Construction? Thinking of trying the 14m with my glide for lightwind. Thanks

jbruxer

Since 24 Jul 2005
398 Posts
Beaverton, OR
Obsessed

PostWed Apr 26, 06 2:35 pm     Reply with quote

I have a buddy down in San Fransisco who owns a kite shop and he says their crew really likes it! The 2 favorite bow style kites for 06' were the Sonic and Waroo.

As for me, I am still trying to ride my Spectrum II. Smile

kss

Since 24 Apr 2006
613 Posts
pdx
Addicted

PostWed Apr 26, 06 8:01 pm     Reply with quote

I bought a new 11m two weeks ago. have 3 sessions so far and still adjusting to the difference from traditional C kites. But had a good sesh at Stevenson today... even though the wind was pretty light.

I think the kite will be killer for solid wind conditions (i.e., 15-35). But not so good if the wind is light. I'm keeping my 16m 05 Rhino for light conditions. But I think I'll be using the 11m Sonic for everything else-- Gorge, Jones, coast, etc............... finally got some good jumps in today. it's definitely a different technique.

just read some of the reviews out there on the Sonic. they seem to be on target. the bar pressure is light which i like better than the crossbow. i'll know more with a few more sessions under my belt.

Bill C

Since 15 Sep 2005
202 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostThu Apr 27, 06 8:53 pm     Reply with quote

KSS...

I also bought a Sonic 11 but haven't been able to fly it yet. Any secretes to properly trimming the kite? What about using a large board on light wind days?

kss

Since 24 Apr 2006
613 Posts
pdx
Addicted

PostFri Apr 28, 06 10:06 pm     Reply with quote

check out the "sonic setup tips" on the litewavedesigns.com website. measuring out the 100 cm for powered up conditions worked well for me. make sure you adjust this trim before launching. i wasted about 45 minutes of having the kite fall backwards before i thought that i might need to make an adjustment on the trim.

i think using a big board for light wind would be okay since you could keep up your speed easier. but maybe a little boring. it really depends how light of wind you are talking. if you are 10 and under, you prob want a bit more kite.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: