Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Turbo Launcher?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
mit_noslrac

Since 17 May 2005
108 Posts
Bend Oregon
Stoked

PostThu Apr 27, 06 3:36 pm    Turbo Launcher? Reply with quote

I heard that there were some kiters in the Bend area but have never seen one and cant seam to get ahold of any! Until then, on weekedays I am thinking of using a Tubo Launcher for self launches! Anybody ever used one?

See ya at Rufus this weekend,
I miss everybody already!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-T

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostThu Apr 27, 06 6:31 pm     Reply with quote

My buddies got a couple for free at surf expo and said they worked really well.

MW

Since 09 Jan 2006
186 Posts
Hood River, Oregon
Stoked

PostThu Apr 27, 06 7:32 pm     Reply with quote

Call Michael at Kite - Line. He is the Bend lead, and will tell you what you need to know re: Bend. Wickiup, Crane Prairie, Elk, Cultus, and Waldo Lakes all have kiting when it's decent, but it can be very unpredictable.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Apr 27, 06 8:39 pm     Reply with quote

After watching the videos of it in action awhile back, I honestly wasn't that impressed. Looked cool for keeping your lines organized when running them out fast, but you've still got to deal with keeping the kite "upright" (unless you've got a bow or some 5th lines system) and tossing the launcher somewhere after you're in the air. Are people using them to self launch, or just as a method to keep your lines organized (which you can do with one of those factory SS line organizers) and for launching quickly?

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostThu Apr 27, 06 9:15 pm     Reply with quote

Drift launch with mine all the time at places like the Hatchery and Stevenson. Used to just unwind the lines off the bar, but once everything fell off at once and that ruined about two hours. Works like a charm, toss it on the rocks, go ride, come back to point a, blow the leash, get kite and turbo launcher, go home and drink beer.

Bam

Teague

Since 10 Jul 2005
114 Posts
Really Windy Places
Stoked

PostThu Apr 27, 06 9:37 pm     Reply with quote

I've got a couple that I toss around for demos and such. They work great, I have used them for drift-launching and they are perfect for launching from the back of a boat. Let me know if you want to try one.

marina c

Since 03 Apr 2006
318 Posts
California/Gorge Summer
Obsessed

PostFri Apr 28, 06 9:39 am    new turbolauncher Reply with quote

Mark's 2nd generation turbolauncher is more compact and has a clip so that you can ride with it if you want. it can be a bit cumbersome to some when riding, but it works if you dont' want to leave it with your beach stuff. He also has a cool new line manager product coming out shortly....

The turbolauncher's were used for the Richard Branson Virgin Mobile promotion in Squamish. Without them, they would have been hard pressed to pull off the promotion.....

Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostFri Apr 28, 06 10:13 am     Reply with quote

What does a Turbo launcher cost? I would like to try one. anybody have one in the PDX/Gorge area?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: