Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

kalama-rama

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostSat Apr 22, 06 3:42 pm    kalama-rama Reply with quote

2hrs of perfect 14m riding here at kalama....and still going if anyone is looking to get lucky this evening!

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Apr 23, 06 7:11 am     Reply with quote

Sweet! I hear that spot is pretty cool, I have driven by but never rode. What did you think?

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostSun Apr 23, 06 9:39 am     Reply with quote

beautiful spot....like a mini sauvies but you can park right in the launch area...the current was really strong so even with a little wind it works just fine. I was on a 12M with a Glide but was able to switch to my 132 SX board and had no problem being powered.

Would really like to know when Kalama works as Scapoose was reading 4 North, Sauvies 10N, Jones at 5 so wasn't expecting it to work. Did you find wind anywhere out East yesterday?

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Apr 23, 06 11:19 am     Reply with quote

colby wrote:

Would really like to know when Kalama works as Scapoose was reading 4 North, Sauvies 10N, Jones at 5 so wasn't expecting it to work. Did you find wind anywhere out East yesterday?

I think Kelso is a good sensor to watch for Kalama, Jones too.

No kiting for me yesterday, figures first weekend in White Salmon there would be no wind!

Rollo made the trek to the coast which I hear was epic.

pbuick

Since 24 Apr 2006
3 Posts

Kook

PostMon Apr 24, 06 8:29 am     Reply with quote

Looks like a great spot, my wife and I were driving back to Seattle from Portland and saw the kites from I-5, we had no choice but to find our way to the launch.

Seems like a great spot to ride, how crowded does it get there?

Peiter

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostMon Apr 24, 06 8:37 am     Reply with quote

only a few guys were there on Saturday but have no idea about other times...of course posting it here probably won't keep the place a secret (it was all over when kiteboarder mag published a map showing the Secret Spot) but I figure the more spots people know about the better we can spread out on the Columbia

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostMon Apr 24, 06 1:15 pm     Reply with quote

Kalama sucks, better to kite somewhere else, meth-heads will rip you off while you are out kiting.
Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostMon Apr 24, 06 1:30 pm     Reply with quote

are you speaking from experience or protecting turf?

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostMon Apr 24, 06 1:39 pm     Reply with quote

A friend of mine got his truck broken into, they took everything, stereo, cd's, and even his dry clothes!

Make sure you stuff is locked and out of site, also good to use the winter beater for transport.

Dude's truck was locked but got borken into from the sliding rear window.

Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostMon Apr 24, 06 1:47 pm     Reply with quote

ouch, that's harsh...thanks for the input!! Another reason to kite with a few buddies or invite someone to hang on the beach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: