Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Greetngs from Jupiter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostFri Apr 07, 06 5:27 pm    Greetngs from Jupiter Reply with quote

Might as well be planet Jupiter, crazy blue water and wind - took the red-eye last night to get the afternoon session today in Juno Beach a few miles from Jupiter, FL and the wind gods complied

Some shots of the days highlights.

final1.jpg 
   final2.jpg 
   final3.jpg 
   final4.jpg 

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostFri Apr 07, 06 7:12 pm     Reply with quote

That place rocks when it is windy! Dang I wish I didn't have to have a job, I would just travel to Florida for the Winter and come back out west for the snowsports. Then plant my butt back here in the Summer!

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostFri Apr 07, 06 7:13 pm     Reply with quote

It looks like the sand that got washed away with the hurricanes last Summer is back. Smile

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostSat Apr 08, 06 8:33 am    Gman - NW Diplomat Reply with quote

Where's Gman going to show up next?

Maui, Fla or the Or coast - ya never know but it's nice to live through his lens. Thanks for the road shots Gman.

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Apr 08, 06 8:14 pm     Reply with quote

warm water i take it?

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostWed Apr 12, 06 3:34 pm    Trip Update Reply with quote

Had some business up in Jacksonville (about 4 hours north of Jupiter) and the folks at http://oceanextremesports.com/index.htm sent me to a supercool spot at Huguenot Memorial Park at the mouth of the St. Johns river.

The ponds fill up at high tide and you can play in the waves or cruise inside. You can drive your car on the beach, sweet. Was on the inside and thought I saw a big sand bar and sailed over to check it out - it was like a million turns or seagulls or something and they went nuts. Was swarmed just like in the Hitchcock Movie - the birds must hate slingy.

Gave em a wide berth after that.

Back in town - I see the flags on 405 are pegged.

Have Fun

- Gman

Huguenot Memorial Park.jpg 

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostFri Apr 14, 06 6:19 am     Reply with quote

Way to bag another launch site GMan!! As always, we appreciate the pix & intel. ~Nad Cool

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostFri Apr 14, 06 8:01 am    Re: Greetngs from Jupiter Reply with quote

Gman wrote:
Might as well be planet Jupiter, crazy blue water and wind - took the red-eye last night to get the afternoon session today in Juno Beach a few miles from Jupiter, FL and the wind gods complied

Some shots of the days highlights.
wow. why didja have to do that to us .it rained all last nite, here @ the beach!!! last january i watched a contest there....the wind was fluky but was just one of those days...i was down in the keys for a week.......i kited out by the sailing yaucht..on the flats...and other spots..the one that is run a ground...the keel on that thing is huge must be close to 30ft. deep.. ever been to jensen beach??

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostFri Apr 14, 06 8:26 am     Reply with quote

Spent the last afternoon at Jensen Beach on the inside at the sailing center - got worked all morning in Jupiter the wind was cranking but up and down (on my 7 M) dead onshore and waves were shoulder high mush, lots of fun but each time I wiped out I was back on beach. Kept getting pushed too close to the Juno pier, until finally got a nice reach for 2 miles in about 4in of seafoam Twisted Evil Made friends with lots of sunbathers - no decapitations.

After that headed to the intercoastal at the sailing center in Jenson Beach, fun flat water spot. http://www.usscmc.org/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&PageId=216411&ssid=59508&vnf=1

You can wade out or launch in their lawn and walk out into the waterway - negotiating hobie cats, mangrove trees, channel markers, and pilings. Once you get out 100yrds you are clear of the crap and it is awesome.

- Gman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: