Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Going from 5 line kites to 3 line kites!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
adrianczm

Since 06 Mar 2006
89 Posts
Cozumel, Mexico

PostSun Apr 09, 06 7:24 am    Going from 5 line kites to 3 line kites!!! Reply with quote

Hey, was watching at the pics of the Kites on the trees. Remember that Two line 10 mt Naish explorer bran new that I crashed that day? I had it fixed at Jeff Howard´s shop in Corpus Christy, texas and got it back in great shape. Since that kite was meant to be used to teach I was thinking of a way to make it more friendly to students, than I fixed a third line to the kite. Wow, it works and worked very well. I went to the beach to just try it and see how the sistem work. Wind was light and all were flying 15 to 18 mts kites at country club and I decided to give it a try with my 138 XX from rrd and friends told me I was not going to have enough, man I was rocking with that little &%$&!!! eventhough I was pumping the kite alot it did not stop me from doing a few raleys, backroolls and front rolls and to have goten back to the same spot I started. The sistem, even Im sure has been done before I beleive its a great intro to beginners that want to know how 5th lines work before using a 5 line kite!!!

I think Im going from 5 line kites to 3 line kites in the future (for personal use of course!)

3 line kite rocks!!!

Hope all its well up there that the weather its getting better for you all

Adrian

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostSun Apr 09, 06 7:34 am     Reply with quote

That's pretty cool Adrian.
Post some pictures of your kite.
I noticed it's still very windy in Cozumel these days. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: