Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

What's up with ASI?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
MW

Since 09 Jan 2006
186 Posts
Hood River, Oregon
Stoked

PostTue Apr 04, 06 11:27 pm    What's up with ASI? Reply with quote

Anyone know what the deal is with ASI? I know they're closed for remodel, but orginally they said they'd be able to handle some things over the phone or online. I'm looking to get a new kite, and they haven't returned calls or e-mails, so I'm just trying to figure out what the deal is, otherwise I'll just go through the Hood River shops or Kiteline.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue Apr 04, 06 11:57 pm     Reply with quote

I'm not really sure... I'll talk to Tucker, Nate, or Amery, as I'm pretty sure they'd know what the full deal is. I've been waiting for them to reopen too, just so I can buy a new suicide leash... haha!

What kite did you end up deciding on? Crossbow or Waroo? Very Happy ...No Turbo Diesel?

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostWed Apr 05, 06 10:35 am     Reply with quote

I just got off the phone with Amery.....ASI will be open within 10 days. They are putting the finishing touches on the remodel now.

ASI is still a Slingshot dealer.

Where is everyone kiting this weekend??????

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

MW

Since 09 Jan 2006
186 Posts
Hood River, Oregon
Stoked

PostWed Apr 05, 06 4:14 pm     Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the info. I haven't decided on either kite, so hopefully I'll be able to demo a couple, including the Turbo Diesel, but based on what I've heard, the Waroo sounds like the best deal for the money.

steviep

Since 04 Apr 2006
51 Posts
Portland, OR

PostWed Apr 05, 06 4:40 pm     Reply with quote

i'm not sure whats going on with ASI. Gorge Performance has hired me on and we carry slingshot, north and naish. take care -s

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostWed Apr 05, 06 5:52 pm     Reply with quote

kiterdude i dont really think we needed the advertizing. i can tell you ASI will open soon. Mark is fully renovating the place and it has taken a little longer than he thought but it will be alot nicer this summer.

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Apr 05, 06 6:20 pm     Reply with quote

I miss the shop
Last edited by importracer9 99 on Mon Mar 22, 21 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

amery

Since 05 Aug 2005
60 Posts

Choad

PostWed Apr 05, 06 6:47 pm     Reply with quote

uh huh. Hey mauiwater, sorry for not getting you taken care of. A little communication is getting lost over the renovation period. If you need direct help, feel free to email me at amery@allsurfindustry.com, and I'll take care of you.

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostThu Apr 06, 06 7:04 am     Reply with quote

importracer9 99 wrote:
why would slingshot have two dealers in portland? thats retarded...

oh I love this... retarded? if you were selling something would you want 1 person selling or two or three or...?

What really matters (and this is no slight towards ASI - remodelling is a bitch!), is customer service when dealing with equipment. There is little margin for these guys on equipment so treat 'em right, they do this for love. They love ripping and they love you (if they are doing a good job).

Buy apparel if you love 'em back. Ask your family for gift certificates and get others to buy shirts, videos, and flipflops. Now that's love muthaf*#kas...now get out there and max ya Visas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: