Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Here comes MTV... (True Life on Kiteboarding)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Dec 23, 05 11:02 am    Here comes MTV... (True Life on Kiteboarding) Reply with quote

MTV True Life is doing a show on kiteboarding... I wonder if the MTV crowd getting a long look at kiteboarding will be like what Gidget was for surfing. This must be the first time that kiteboarding will get a 1 hour spot on national TV. Especially a big deal when you consider how much MTV re-runs these types of shows.
Quote:
For those of you that weren't contacted, MTV has informed me that the official air date for the Kiteboarding gig that we did for MTV will Air on Jan 19th @ 10p.m people are telling me that the previews are already airing. You will be able to see what Dereck Camacho really puts into those sticks, Some Islamorada action, Neil hutchinson huckin' up some chum after his knee injury, a crazy nite @ B.E.D. in Miami w/ the Water-play crew and Fransisco from Skybanditz kiteboarding. (watch out for those hookers Franky) and tons more....

http://www.kitescoop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=548

Last edited by pkh on Sat Jan 14, 06 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostFri Dec 23, 05 12:06 pm     Reply with quote

Does this mean that one of us will have to give Jessica Simpson kite lessons? Rolling Eyes

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSat Jan 14, 06 11:15 am    just a reminder Reply with quote

This is on next Thursday. Set your DVRs (or don't.) Smile

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Jan 19, 06 10:42 pm     Reply with quote

It's on right now...

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Jan 19, 06 11:41 pm     Reply with quote

Wasn't as great as I thought it would be, but whatever, it's still kiting. The dramatizing is the only thing that I really can't stand... What I really like seeing are all the Slingy Fuels on the beach at Islamorada! Very Happy

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jan 20, 06 5:44 am     Reply with quote

KatKarl wrote:
Does this mean that one of us will have to give Jessica Simpson kite lessons? Rolling Eyes

You bet KatKarl! Give it a go!! I hear Jessica likes pussy cats... Wink

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostFri Jan 20, 06 7:40 am     Reply with quote

Onad Rednaxela wrote:
KatKarl wrote:

You bet KatKarl! Give it a go!! I hear Jessica likes pussy cats... Wink

Even shaved ones?

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Jan 20, 06 8:44 am     Reply with quote

I thought it was funny how they lump kiting in with base jumping and freestyle motocross as an "extreme sport".

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Jan 20, 06 9:16 am     Reply with quote

Well sometimes just standing on the sandbar on a busy weekend seems like an extreme sport.

Light winds in Florida, not that extreme for sure.

I thought the whole thing was OK, it was interesting knowing the other side of the Islamorada competition, it was pretty obvious that guy didn't have a chance. MTV probably just picked him because he was young and interesting.

I thought it was funny how the woman just ran up to him and offered him a sponsership because he could do a handlepass. LIke the MTV cams had nothing to do with it. Same thing with getting all the girls in the club, I think saying you're doing a special for MTV works way better than "I am a kiteboarder."

btw, nice new avatar Slither... Very Happy

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostFri Jan 20, 06 5:20 pm     Reply with quote

I'll follow anyone around for a day with cams, wearing MTV shirts if you share your sponsor with me (if it's a good one)! Wink

Rico

Since 13 Mar 2005
1219 Posts
Vancouver
Photographer

PostFri Jan 20, 06 7:38 pm    The scary movie? Reply with quote

I watched the first 15 min., then turned it off. It was way lame and I don’t think that kind of publicity is good for kiteboarding. They tried to make it seem dangerous for reasons its not. “Look I’m kiting in 6 inches of water?” That’s scary! If they wanted it to seem dangerous they should have showed video of someone getting lofted. Then we would all get banned. Sad

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jan 21, 06 4:47 pm     Reply with quote

Just got around to watching the show on Tivo... I’d swear that Jesse kid is Beatle Juice’s older brother!! Neutral

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSat Jan 21, 06 8:49 pm     Reply with quote

Yea, he's kinda funny lookin', huh?!? Surprised

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Jan 22, 06 2:18 pm     Reply with quote

Kataku2k3 wrote:
I'll follow anyone around for a day with cams, wearing MTV shirts if you share your sponsor with me (if it's a good one)! Wink

That's funny actually, how hard would be be to go down to public access, borrow some equipment, and pretend like your filming for MTV... Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: