Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Is anyone interested in splitting a roll of Tear-Aid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostWed Dec 21, 05 8:26 am    Is anyone interested in splitting a roll of Tear-Aid Reply with quote

I am thinking of buying a 30 foot roll of Tear-Aid type "A" in the 3" width. The cost is $64 plus shipping. I will cut it into 1 foot lengths and sell it. That should make the price around $2.50 a foot. Is anyone interested? I am not doing this for a profit, I just can not use a whole roll myself.

This stuff is amazing! You can use it for canopy and or bladder repairs.

www.tear-aid.com

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostWed Dec 21, 05 9:27 am     Reply with quote

hey blancoh2o,

don't know about splitting it but, i would buy two feet from you and pay for shipping.

kt

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostWed Dec 21, 05 10:12 am     Reply with quote

I know it's a lot cheaper that way, but is there a reason why you don't wanna just buy a little Tear Aid patch kit? When I was down in Newport a few months back I stopped by The Kite Company to pick up some colored rip stop tape, but they said to just buy Tear Aid. I was a little hesitant at first (being that it's clear and all), but after using some to patch a few of my bladders, I have to say that stuff is amazing! Thumb's Up

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostWed Dec 21, 05 12:09 pm     Reply with quote

Kataku2k3 wrote:
I know it's a lot cheaper that way, but is there a reason why you don't wanna just buy a little Tear Aid patch kit?

I don't think that any of the kite shops here ( Portland/HR) carry Tear-Aid. So I figure we all could use a little and save some money by buying one roll. If I can get 15 of us to "buy in" it will only be $5 each. Or 30 of us will be $2.50.

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostWed Dec 21, 05 12:22 pm     Reply with quote

I just found out that Andy and Bax does carry it. They charge $2 for a 6"x3" piece. It would probably be easier for all if we just purchased whatever amount we need from them. They also have the die cut retail packages for $8-9.

I can still order a roll if I get enough interest so we all can save some money. Once again, I don't want to make anything off this, just get mine for less if possible.

bruce.higgins

Since 29 Mar 2005
7 Posts

Kook

PostWed Dec 21, 05 4:50 pm     Reply with quote

I will throw in $10 if you decide to get it.

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostThu Dec 22, 05 9:32 am     Reply with quote

Ok...I will go ahead and order the roll of 3"x30'. I will let you know when I get it.
Steve

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostTue Jan 17, 06 8:35 am     Reply with quote

The shipment has arrived. Anyone that wants some, let me know asap and I will work out the details.
Thanks

shastadogs2

Since 28 Mar 2005
336 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Jan 17, 06 10:02 am    tear-aid Reply with quote

heya steve,
regarding kite repair tape, i MAY be interested but got kida burned on the repair tape i bought from airtime. after just a few sessions on the repair (sweet old 03 12m naish that has a few scars) the tape edges are pulling up and full of sand. i followed the instructions perfectly.

do you have any experience with tear-aid? i mean the $ are small but i hate products that promise and dont deliver!

thanks

jimbo

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostTue Jan 17, 06 10:12 am     Reply with quote

Yes, I have used it for small repairs. I can honestly say it works for small stuff, like the sie of a 50 cent piece. I have not used it for anything larger though. I am sure that it would work for larger tears until you could get your kite professioanlly repaired. If you travel at all, this could make or break your kiting vacation.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue Jan 17, 06 2:30 pm     Reply with quote

I've only used it for small stuff, but I too can say that it works awesome. Patched bladders and a couple little tiny holes in my kites, both without any problems. The stuff is insanely sticky!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: