Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Found Good Times but Lost Bar @ Fort Stevens "B"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
fornicate

Since 27 Jul 2007
2 Posts
Portland, Oregon

PostFri Jul 27, 07 3:27 pm    Found Good Times but Lost Bar @ Fort Stevens "B" Reply with quote

Had a blast this Tuesday - Thursday at Fort Stevens testing my skills at the coast. Practiced some rigging, taught my family how to launch a kite and I did some body dragging in the surf (and on the beach...). Thanks Hein for the launching instruction and the other kiters out there who were kind to the kook in the circa 1989 teal and green wetsuit.

I returned home today satisfied and happy but also one bar and line short of a full rig. Shocked Please PM me if you happened to find a Slingshot 5line bar and lines for my 13m fuel. I may have left it down on beach "B" near the north trail. I'd like to be up and flying in the gorge again this weekend if possible...

fornicate

Since 27 Jul 2007
2 Posts
Portland, Oregon

PostSat Jul 28, 07 9:21 am     Reply with quote

Well, since it looks like I'm in the market for new bar and lines and I've never tweaked much with line lenghts etc. I have a few questions on how to get it together.

1) Any tips on how to go about assembling a new bar / line setup? What's the best line length? 20" bar? 24"bar? My 13M fuel is set up for a 5th line. Should I buy a 4 line and add the 5th myself? Where is a good place to get used? Do I just need to go down to Second Wind in HR, or Gorge Performance or ASI and have them set me up? How much should I pay?

2) Anyone have a bar / line setup they want to sell me?

Advice much appreciated! Hope I can repay the favor one day, karma / beer / beach rescue or other commonly acceptable currency.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: