Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Some Dogs at the Sandbar
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostMon Jun 25, 07 8:02 pm     Reply with quote

ummm. this quote didn't work out to good. See below.

Yes I'm retarded and yes, I know I'm not supposed to use the word retarded anymore...which is gay

Last edited by pdxmonkeyboy on Mon Jun 25, 07 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostMon Jun 25, 07 8:04 pm     Reply with quote

tstansbury wrote:
even nice dogs crap on the beach if you are not watching it tie it up so when you come back you will know if it took a crap.

word

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Jun 25, 07 9:57 pm    Re: keep the sandbar free for the dogs! Reply with quote

lance_k wrote:
if there is a problem take it up with the owner and/or go kite somewhere else. if a dog is a repeat offender then there is a case for banishment. don't ruin it for everyone. same goes for an unsafe kiter.

i love how the people who don't even live here make the most noise about what takes place here- this forum has gotten outta control. hood river is not portland nor is the sandbar forest park.

people need to lighten up... kiteboarding is going to suck as bad as windsurfing does if rules become the norm. i'll be taking some heat for saying this but jesus wtf?

this isnt directed at forest... it's about the witch hunt going on against our furry friends.

Stereotyping it as a Portland thing seems hardly fair, and actually Forrest is in the process of moving to HR, so yah. Many of us are dog lovers and owners, so I can't think you could call this a war on dogs.

Taking it up with the owners in person is the best thing to do, we did that a few weeks ago with another pack of dogs that were chasing and biting us, and the owner was really cool about it.

So yeah, lets all go kiting soon and get this off our heads!

Yardsale

Since 29 Mar 2005
387 Posts
Portlanastan
Obsessed

PostMon Jun 25, 07 10:27 pm     Reply with quote

Just leave a couple Best kites on the beach for cleaning up dog crap, they might actually work for that..................oooooooooh snap! (Phillip) Ya know when I get off the water and I'm hungry, it's good to know there is always a 4 legged meal around......any way we can get a gas grill donated to the spit.
Laughing

alleycat

Since 29 Jun 2006
176 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostMon Jun 25, 07 10:53 pm     Reply with quote

I think we should give the dogs a break, I don't have a dog but I love watching them chase eachother for hours at the beach. I am betting the dos can sense/feel our adrenaline during the whole event from leaving the house, getting into the car and finally arriving at the beach. The dogs are as juiced as we are, bottom line.
The dogs just love chasing the kiters and it's kinda fun being chased by them. So, if I get bit while kiting it is my fault just as much as the dog because I tend to get closer and closer to the vicious pack until one of them wins by giving me a little nip. I think it is a great way to work on my transitions; turn fast or get a little nip.
I did learn something from this tread, I will stop egging the dogs along...so I apoligize to the dogs and thier owners.

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostTue Jun 26, 07 4:47 am     Reply with quote

Rants and flames

If you bring your dog to the beach be accountable-- clean up after it-- make sure it's not bugging people.

My dog loves the water as much as I do, and she always has a great session and never gets skunked!

All dog owners need to be responsible or it will f@ck it for all of us!

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jun 26, 07 5:27 am     Reply with quote

"Don't make me come down to the spit and enforce some rules for you young pups! Try to behave, otherwise we'll get banned from the spit just like the kiters did from the Event Site... Wink "

Kyla_110_1004_webl.JPG 

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jun 26, 07 6:19 am     Reply with quote

pretty easy solution....but ugly... if you get bit by a dog, you have a valid reason to call animal control.... not everyone likes being bitten by strange dogs.

309 State Street
Hood River, OR 97031
Office Phone: (541) 386-2098
Fax: (541) 386-3141
Patrol Services 24 X 7
911/Dispatch 24 X 7

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: