Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Cheaper than a trip to the chiropractor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
harriet

Since 10 Jun 2007
64 Posts

PostSun Jun 24, 07 9:37 pm    Cheaper than a trip to the chiropractor Reply with quote

I always thought it was funny when I was young and the old crones I knew would make funny noises when they stood up after bending over. Ungh! Then I worked in the construction field for 20 years. ummmmmffff
Well now my lower back is one of my weak points, and apparently that's not so uncommon with kiters. My issue seemed to be deep in my lower back, right above the hips. By twisting my torso with one hand on my hip I could occasionally get things to "pop" back in if the bones were seriously out, but mostly it was just a nagging discomfort that made me make groany noises when I stand up. The chiro would help, but without regular adjustments, I go back out of whack.
Then the other day after talking with a friend about gravity boots, and if they would help me, I thought I'd just hang upside down from the kitebar hanging in the tree.
While hanging there I did the same twisty stretch technique and POP POP POP BANG POP! I had the best lower back adjustment ever!!!!
Best part is I don't have to get in a car afterward, and I can repeat it when necessary. In the morning, a quick hang before kiting seems to loosen me up quicker and better than anything I've ever tried.
I don't know if this is just unique to my situation, but I have to say my back hasn't felt this good for a long time.
Any other crones have tips for keeping the old rig running at it's best? (besides nasonex)
Scott

gimpy

Since 24 Jun 2007
3 Posts

Kook

PostSun Jun 24, 07 9:53 pm    Keeping the rig tuned Reply with quote

Gravity boots are great. You should also take some yoga instruction. A flexible body is a young body. Oh, and get a hot tub. Wink

bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostMon Jun 25, 07 4:07 am    Massage Reply with quote

Oh Man I hear ya!
I'm spending time streching, do a little yoga, and I sit in a jacuzzi. My lower back is always a point of pain. More so when my gut is weak from drinking beer and flipping channels.

Michelle at Ballance Massage is great! She is located in the heights and does a super job. Very Happy

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostMon Jun 25, 07 3:26 pm     Reply with quote

I tried this today. I don't have gravity boots. But I did use my gay set of ankle weights.

I really don't have low back issues - but man, this really made my lower back feel good (excellent stretching feeling).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: