Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Manzanita during 4th of July....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jbrickner

Since 29 Aug 2006
5 Posts

Kook

PostMon Jun 25, 07 10:19 am    Manzanita during 4th of July.... Reply with quote

I'll be staying in Manzanita June 30th - July 5th. Would like to kite there during my stay. While I have been to Manzanita many times, I have never kited there. I have read several posts concerning the spot and it looks good in the right wind conditions.

Other than cold water, gusty winds around Neah-Kah-Nie, and shore break, is ther anything else to be aware of? I would consider myself an advanced-intermediate and have spent plenty of time in La Ventana but never in the Pacific. I assume full wetsuit and booties?

Any other kiters going to be in the area those days? If so, PM me. I'd be interested in kiting together.

-Jason

eli_anderson

Since 04 Jun 2007
507 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Jun 25, 07 10:56 am     Reply with quote

hey,
I kite there quite a bit, it's a sweet spot, a couple things, wait until around 2-3p.m before choosing your kite, I've stood there in 10, by the time a rig it's 20-30 gusty, wind increases until about 3pm bring a couple rigs, kites and boards. there is good parking along the road. Once you make it past the break there is clean solid wind. Avoid riding close to the mountain.. dude it's fun there, good for landkiting too!

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostMon Jun 25, 07 10:58 am     Reply with quote

Hey J,

You'll find plenty of folks there to kite with. Full suit for sure, but many are fine with out booties. No big hazards, just stay north of the park

Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: