Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Project Cedrus masts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
cathy o.

Since 11 Aug 2014
82 Posts

PostSun Apr 14, 24 9:44 am    Project Cedrus masts Reply with quote

Hi. I'm considering getting a PC mast. Just discovered them. Specifically the aluminum one they have in stock. I like the adaptability of being able to use different connectors for different foils. Made here locally too! Has anyone ridden these? Or have one?
Thanks for any input.
cathy

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1473 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSun Apr 14, 24 5:00 pm     Reply with quote

The PC masts are well made.
If you're looking for flexibility on a budget and don't care about going fast - it's a great value for the money....
You will need to purchase an adapter for each brand of foil you ride.
If you're an advanced rider looking to go fast and maximize glide when riding swell...... there's better options being built in the Gorge (NoLimitz).

HH

Since 24 Jul 2014
39 Posts
Hood River, OR

PostMon Apr 15, 24 9:40 am     Reply with quote

The aluminum masts are a good value. I have the carbon classic and I really enjoy the interchangeability since I like trying different foils. You probably saw this on the product page but just in case, note that you have to seal the aluminum mast yourself if you want to prevent water ingress into the mast.

What’s your use case? What foils do you intend to use?

cathy o.

Since 11 Aug 2014
82 Posts

PostMon Apr 15, 24 10:36 am     Reply with quote

Hi HH. I'm a lightweight foiler. And mostly charge upwind and swell surf downwind. Rinse and repeat. So, in terms of 'speed' and it relating to linking swells would the mast be significant in that regard? My pumping is getting better. I'm currently on a Fanatic setup with the 800 Aero Free foil and tried an 850 F-One sk8 and LOVED it!
thanks!

HH

Since 24 Jul 2014
39 Posts
Hood River, OR

PostTue Apr 16, 24 11:26 am     Reply with quote

cathy o. wrote:
Hi HH. I'm a lightweight foiler. And mostly charge upwind and swell surf downwind. Rinse and repeat. So, in terms of 'speed' and it relating to linking swells would the mast be significant in that regard? My pumping is getting better. I'm currently on a Fanatic setup with the 800 Aero Free foil and tried an 850 F-One sk8 and LOVED it!
thanks!

I'm a kite foiler so my experience and preference may be different, but I surf swell with it as well and in my opinion this mast would be fine for your use. Less drag is always great (more speed), but you have pay a LOT to get that decreased drag. Kyle has obviously worked on less drag for his new Evolution masts, but the classic mast is still very well engineered and works great. The aluminum offers it at a good price point.

On that note, with Cedrus coming out with the new masts, there will probably be classic masts being sold on the market this summer as people receive their new mast. If you don't need the mast right away you might be able to buy a carbon mast for not much more than the aluminum, depending on what length you're looking for.

Just my $0.02.

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostWed Apr 17, 24 6:48 am     Reply with quote

I don't know much on the alu version of cedrus,but if its adaptability you want, you cannot go wrong with the cedrus mast. I don't think any other mast brand is available with such a wide assortment of mast adapters. you might confirm with project cedrus what adapters are available and if anything is interchangable amongst their product line. like I said, I'm not too familiar with the Alu mast. the carbon masts might be made locally but check to see where the Alu is produced if you really want PNW made.
usually Alu masts are a great value but there are tradeoffs like weight and possible corrosion.

stringy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: