Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Dalles Living Questions
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
a.benjamin76

Since 27 Jul 2017
112 Posts

Stoked

PostThu Jan 19, 23 4:28 pm    The Dalles vs. HR Reply with quote

Lots of good info and thoughtful responses here. As a Dalles resident, I'll sum up the difference between the two towns with a simple question that'll drastically help answer where you want to live. Is your clothing/lifestyle of preference a colorful Northface, Columbia, Patagonia, or Saloman jacket with Hoka/Brooks/Merrell shoes? ....or would you rather wear overalls with Ariat boots?

Arb2me

Since 14 May 2019
28 Posts

PostFri Jan 20, 23 7:16 am     Reply with quote

knotwindy wrote:
Arb2me wrote:
Can speak to the healthcare. They have Mid Columbia Medical Center. Would be a decent place but it’s overwhelmed and understaffed at the moment. Forget about getting timely specialty care anywhere in the gorge. Plan on staying healthy, get a PCP, and needing to occasionally go in to PDX.

Not sure how much this matters yet but Mid Columbia Medical Center is no longer associated with OHSU. Might make for some big changes in the near future related to health care in The Dalles?
Beyond that the whole gorge & The Dalles is a great place to be living right now!

It’s a super weird relationship they have. While they aren’t associated with OHSU anymore, they are getting acquired by Adventist which is associated with OHSU… I work for both and I still don’t understand it.

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Jan 20, 23 8:07 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, if it ever does become something that makes sense please post again.

thurmondmb

Since 10 Jul 2018
64 Posts

PostMon Jan 23, 23 9:02 am     Reply with quote

Thanks all for the beta!

We don't want to pay HR prices, help us find a rental for the summer to try before we buy Smile

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostSat Jan 28, 23 7:08 am     Reply with quote

https://columbiacommunityconnection.com/the-dalles/oncology-closing-at-celilo-center-in-the-dalles-on-feb-28-hospital-scrambling-patients-worried
This was in the news this week. MCMC has a history of tension with employees. I have lost 2 doctors in the last couple of years. As much as I like The Dalles, it does have more of a crime and homeless issue compared to Hood River and White Salmon.

ay

Since 11 Oct 2008
109 Posts
HR - ME
Stoked

PostSun Feb 12, 23 10:51 pm     Reply with quote

Keep The Dalles Dirty!! Cool

thurmondmb

Since 10 Jul 2018
64 Posts

PostMon Feb 13, 23 11:52 am     Reply with quote

help me find a place! we would live to do short term but will take what we can get Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: