Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

OT: Puppy Lovers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1742 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jan 31, 23 10:09 pm    OT: Puppy Lovers Reply with quote

Kinda sheepish to this (never even considered it when going thru very spendy cancer treatment) but here goes. Puppy emergency has me in a real bind. Started a Gofundme and people are responding. Sure makes me feel better, (this week never felt worse)
https://gofund.me/52c41984

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostWed Feb 01, 23 8:54 pm     Reply with quote

Ok folks.. the legendary monkeyboy is coming out of hiding for this one.

Before go pro cameras, Instagram, and crowded parking lots, kiting in the PNW was a small community of dedicated freaks. Everyone knew everyone and everyone had everyone's back. Every spot had its "locals" and you could always see Marc at stevenson.

He is an ambassador of the sport and somewhat of a legend. "STARBOARD!!" (Those that know, will know). He was always around to help launch and land at stevenson which, many of you may know, is a tricky place.

So, even if money is tight, I am almost begging you to help support his gofundme. Anything helps, support someone whose dog is sick and doesn't have the funds to help his furry friend.

It's the compassionate thing to do and he is a platinum member of the OG pnw kiting crew.

Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVvAw2VFR4Y&feature=PlayList&p=FB7233C37686AC79&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=34

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Feb 02, 23 6:45 am     Reply with quote

And if you're looking for wing gear, check out the D's listing of great offers in the Classifieds. All proceeds go to the Puppy Fund! Thumb's Up

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1742 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostThu Feb 02, 23 8:35 pm    Thanx!!! Reply with quote

Thanks Monkey and Slither!! And If any of you ever got a safe launch from me (tens of thousands), or I checked to make sure everything thing looks ok gearwise and saved you from a beat down,(hundreds), got your lost gear to the beach or in your hands ( uncountable $s), gave you a quick pro kite of wing repair, saved your life, (happened at least three times) or just shared a good sesh and stoke with you! Hit up Big Bleu's Gofundme. He's a very sick boy and the Vet's still haven't figured it out. I cried like a baby when the hard-ass office manager told me the cost of surgery (and only with full payment up front) to save my boy's life, and I realized I couldn;t possibly get it in time, if ever. I wasn't always a deadbeat, but I had a life changing health situation many years ago that changed the course of my life, (and finances and ability to work) so now one of the few things that bring joy and purpose to my life, my dogs, is in danger.

Love this community, most all kiters,(lol. if ur an exception you know who you are), and my heart swells with knowing people care enough to help. Thank you, Dangle on!

DSC_0039.png 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: