Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Gong wings, ordering online, experience?

previous topic :: next topic  
davidi99

Since 26 Jun 2010
10 Posts

PostFri Aug 12, 22 1:27 pm    Gong wings, ordering online, experience? Reply with quote

Anyone ever order direct from Gong with a good experience receiving and good quality of the wing?

Looks like good bang for buck but only seeing Gong boards here in the Gorge...

Gong Superpower looks good for light wind.

100Euro delivery to US seems good for 2 wings and a pump...

hilton

Since 15 Aug 2008
739 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Aug 12, 22 2:00 pm     Reply with quote

Their flagship store looks pretty cool also - might be worth the trip to France?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG3xA0Dw9Qo

steveski

Since 17 Aug 2020
21 Posts

PostSun Aug 14, 22 1:35 pm     Reply with quote

Recent order went smooth, showed up in 2 weeks. Good bang for buck, solid construction.
FYI first online order was declined by my bank institution, second try worked fine after I confirmed I was shopping in France.

davidi99

Since 26 Jun 2010
10 Posts

PostSun Aug 14, 22 7:40 pm     Reply with quote

Hilton - yes that is an amazing shop I'd visit if in France. I imagine all the wings are as usual made in Asia. I want to support them in the new place!

Steveski - thanks for the info, I'm sold. Gonna get a wing maybe a 5 Pulse or Superpower. I'll repost here the successful order so others see Gong as a reasonable mail order.

steveski

Since 17 Aug 2020
21 Posts

PostMon Aug 15, 22 6:55 am     Reply with quote

Sorry, I should clarify: went with a foil, not inflatable wing. No experience with that.

apctjb

Since 19 Aug 2007
420 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Aug 15, 22 7:19 am     Reply with quote

Foils are of high quality.

Order process a bit cumbersome due to currency exchange and exchange fees by GONG's bank. Second order I wired the money directly from my bank and that went smoothly without fees. Shipping took about 2 weeks.

SethF

Since 14 Oct 2020
3 Posts

Kook

PostMon Aug 15, 22 9:21 am     Reply with quote

I purchased an aluminum mast from them a year ago. Everything went smoothly with credit card and arrived in about a week. Mast was top quality and I didn't have to pay VAT, so the price was actually lower than what was posted on the site.

jasonq

Since 12 Jan 2009
228 Posts
vancouver
Stoked

PostMon Aug 15, 22 4:45 pm     Reply with quote

for those that bought Gong foils, i am thinking of buying one of their foils.

what did you buy, and what/would you recommend as a beginner foil for a 65kg non-foiling kiter?

I'm thinking the ALLVATOR V2 X-OVER ALU in size L which is 1550 cm^2 which seems like it would last me for a good while. But i sometimes think the XL at 1900 cm^2 might be better to start, but i'd likely have to downsize at some point. And then i think maybe the ALLVATOR RISE in L which is 1650 cm^2 instead, which might be easier to learn of, but from the sounds of it, i'd out grow it like the XL.

too new to any foil sport to really know.

thanks.

consumer

Since 28 Nov 2010
406 Posts
banned
Obsessed

PostMon Aug 15, 22 7:21 pm     Reply with quote

Gong wings and foils are incredible- quality and designs that parallel the most well known brands. The prices are insane. Surprised they don’t have more riders in the US.

Jasonq I have not ridden that foil but I think that at your weight going over ~1700 cm2 is excessive. In very light winds ( Sauvie ) you might appreciate a massive front wing but they can feel like you are riding in slow motion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> For Sale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: