Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

TODAY SUNDAY FUN DAY
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostMon Mar 26, 07 12:04 pm    hey Nate. Reply with quote

Nate, in the first pic JW posted...you are hooked-in right...?
Is the kite looping? looks like both your hands are on one side of the bar.. Front roll?

Just curious, cuz this fall I learned how to backrol kiteloop while hooked-in..and was told I should try it unhooked(safer/more steez), but I am still working on it..

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostMon Mar 26, 07 12:47 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
Nate, in the first pic JW posted...you are hooked-in right...?
Is the kite looping? looks like both your hands are on one side of the bar.. Front roll?

Nope, unhooked on that one...the picture is decieving though cuz my leash makes it look like i'm hooked.

That trick is a front roll downloop. You come into the trick pretty hot, unhook, and instead of looping the kite in the opposite direction of travel, you loop it down in the same drection of travel, like during a transition. Edge hard, and once you feel the pop, throw everything ya got forward. Ride away without having to untangle your lines, cuz you and the kite just did the same thing. Amery Bernard taught me, and can get his to consistently look like s-bends, with a ton of extension and hight

The move is fun, but it takes a lot of speed and commitment, just like normal loops. If you're having trouble, just learn unhooked downloops and kiteloops from the raley position with your eyes on the kite to get the timing. Roll in hot, unhook, throw both hands on one side of the bar, and edge. Feel the pop, get a good clean raley with your head up and board above your head like Joby's picture, watch the kite going through the loop, and stomp it. Start with your hands to the very outside of the bar to get the tightest loop, and then work in closer to the chicken loop. Pretty soon you get to do them like Tucker, with your hands in the normal riding position to get a HUGE controlled loop.

Unhooked is the shit on kiteloops too, cuz as you already probably found out, you can get WORKED if you stay hooked in, unless you go scary high.

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostMon Mar 26, 07 12:53 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
Unhooked is the shit on kiteloops too, cuz as you already probably found out, you can get WORKED if you stay hooked in, unless you go scary high.

nice, so is lenton hooked-in in some of those crazy high loops?

thx. I'll be practicing. Thumb's Up

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostMon Mar 26, 07 12:59 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
nice, so is lenton hooked-in in some of those crazy high loops?

Haha...yes and no. The old ones yes. But on the newest ones he's hooked in at the start, unhooks at the point of apex and gets the extension during the kiteloop. I think he said this will allow him to do "true kiteloop handlepasses." That's some crazy shit.

If you need more on the downloop stuff check out the Hatteras vid that was posted...it's like one of three tricks I throw, cuz I'm lame like that.

JW

Since 28 Jan 2006
227 Posts
portland
Stoked

PostMon Mar 26, 07 1:44 pm     Reply with quote

nate and tucker[img][/img]

Resize of kiting lyle 063.jpg 
   Resize of kiting lyle 099.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: