Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Going back to direct rear connect on 07 rear Waroo bridle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1804 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSun Mar 18, 07 6:58 am    Going back to direct rear connect on 07 rear Waroo bridle? Reply with quote

When going back to a direct rear bridle on the 07W, does the length of the triangle legs have any effect other than to shorten the length needed of the pigtail that comes off of it to the rear lines?

Thanks,
Eric

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Mar 18, 07 7:02 am     Reply with quote

I have asked the same question on the Best forum and didn't get a definitive answer... When I setup the direct bridle on my 7m I just copied my 06 7m. The result is some extra line where the knots are.

Honestly I guess a few months off the water made me forget why I did mess around with the bridle at all, because I've been flying the other sizes with the factory bridle and I think it works great.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1804 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSun Mar 18, 07 8:00 am     Reply with quote

Simon posted a table for converting. The table lists "triangle" sizes that are about half of the stock size, which makes sense since stock uses pulleys and needs 2x the length.

I went ahead and made some bridles and used them on my 9 yesterday. I like the direct feel better than the pulleys. But, I still prefer the turning of the 06. It might be that the 07 has a somewhat higher aspect?

My next experiment is to move the pigtail connection more towards the rear of the bridle. In theory--I think--this should speed it up a bit. Regardless, I think two pulleys on the rears adds too many wear points and points of possible line failure.

Eric

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: