Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Foiling at Fern Ridge Lake near Eugene

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Blis

Since 27 Jul 2019
2 Posts

PostSat Jul 27, 19 6:18 am    Foiling at Fern Ridge Lake near Eugene Reply with quote

Hey All -anyone foiling in Fern Ridge nowadays? Seems like foils could make this Eugene's little kite fix when we cant make the trip to the gorge or coast. If so, hows it been out there? I've scouted it out there and it seems like the park by the northeast corner by the marina has potential with a good launch area... wind seems a little on the weak side but it has its days.
Just moved to eugene not long ago so just wondering. Another location that looks like it has potential is Dexter resevoir east of eugene where that covered bridge is. Anyone try that place yet?
Blis

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostSat Jul 27, 19 10:25 am     Reply with quote

Hey Blis,

If you search on Fernridge I think you'll find several threads of info. Generally I think it's pretty squirrely.

WS

Jbruck

Since 17 Jun 2016
43 Posts
Eugene, OR

PostMon Jul 29, 19 2:48 pm     Reply with quote

I considered trying Fern Ditch when I first moved to Eugene a couple years ago... what turned me off was finding a post on this forum that said something to the effect of "don't go if you don't want your lines to turn brown." Florence is so close and perfect that it's a no-brainer. I see a foiler out there every once in awhile...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: