Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Acl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostFri Jan 26, 07 8:31 pm    Acl Reply with quote

Well I have a tendon from my hamstring in my knee now. Its been two and a half days and the pain is starting to go away. All of the support at Providence could not have been better. The whole experience was a lot easier than I expected. I start my rehab on Monday. I'm hoping that I'll be back out and boarding by early summer. Feel free to post lots of movies :O) I can't work for a month so I will be very bored.

Andy

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jan 27, 07 7:51 am     Reply with quote

Good luck on your recovery and dealing with cabin fever Andy.

Work hard on your rehab and flexibility. You only get once shot at the initial rehab. ~Dano

KingE

Since 27 Apr 2006
58 Posts
Lake Wenatchee

PostMon Jan 29, 07 9:39 am     Reply with quote

Good luck! Go to your PT and remember that you don't wan't to start over. A good PT will be teaching you stuff that will keep you from getting hurt again (and would have kept you in good shape if you knew it before). It is sort of frustrating.

I blew mine (complete separation of acl and mcl) last Feb 12, two weeks before we went to Cabarete. I got to watch my wife kite from a hammock. Crying or Very sad

It is South Padre this Feb, and I am not missing it Exclamation

Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostTue Jan 30, 07 8:57 am     Reply with quote

Well if a good PT will make you do stuff that you would have never thought possible only 5 days after surgery then I've got a good one. Only working on straightening my leg and bending it right now. I've don't think I've ever self inflicted so much pain. Anyway it sounds like he is going to get me on a work out plan that will build for about a year.

I don't think there is any amount of training that would have prevented my ACL from tearing. Other than being a noob on a kite. One of my feet stayed in the strap while I was hauling ass in the other direction. The board submerged yanking my leg sideways really fast, really hard. I'm lucky I got out of it with only a torn ACL.

Off to start my morning exercises.

Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostSun Feb 18, 07 11:38 am     Reply with quote

So I'm officially starting to go crazy. It's been a little over three weeks and the weather has been real nice the last couple of days. I'm ready to get out with a kite. I'm thinking about doing a downwinder in a wheelchair :O) Anyway I've been off crutches since Tuesday and got out the last two Fridays with Mr. Onepump learning how to slope glide RC planes. Pretty fun when you are crippled except that I lost a plane and had to go hiking up and down a big hill looking for it. Hopefully I haven't re-torn anything. I'm hoping by late May I'll be able to do some cruising around in flatwater. Maybe at Floras Lake or something.

Andy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: