Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

forum or lost-and-found for Cape Hatteras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
treegeek

Since 04 Aug 2013
24 Posts

PostTue May 03, 16 8:05 am    forum or lost-and-found for Cape Hatteras Reply with quote

Anyone know of an equivalent of the nwkite.com forum for Cape Hatteras?

Trying to do due diligence to get a lost board back to its owner.

My old man is in Hatteras windsurfing and found a board way out in the middle of the bay. He went to a local surf shop and told them and posted a note, but I tried to find some type of message forum to post it up and didn't find anything Hatteras specific.

If anyone knows of an active forum, that would be great.

Thanks!

skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostWed May 04, 16 8:19 am    Re: forum or lost-and-found for Cape Hatteras Reply with quote

treegeek wrote:
Anyone know of an equivalent of the nwkite.com forum for Cape Hatteras?

Trying to do due diligence to get a lost board back to its owner.

My old man is in Hatteras windsurfing and found a board way out in the middle of the bay. He went to a local surf shop and told them and posted a note, but I tried to find some type of message forum to post it up and didn't find anything Hatteras specific.

If anyone knows of an active forum, that would be great.

Thanks!

I was there last week, and some guys from Minnesota did a down winder and lost two boards. Call the guys at real, they might know if this is one of theirs. They did not have their names or phone numbers on them.

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostThu May 05, 16 5:59 am     Reply with quote

I posted on LAKAWA to see if anyone knows. Hope they get their board back. If no name and you try to find it's owner for a while, keep it!

Chew out the idiot that did not take 5 seconds with a Sharpie to make your job less of a hassle. Kind of ticks me off that no one thinks ahead so the good guy has to put tons of time in to find the owner of an unmarked board.

That said, I do have one new board that I have not yet tattooed. This is a good reminder.

skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostThu May 05, 16 2:07 pm     Reply with quote

call the guys at real.
(252) 987-6000

toddjb

Since 16 Oct 2007
271 Posts
MD
Obsessed

PostFri May 06, 16 6:11 am     Reply with quote

There is a FB group called "OBX Kiteboarding" where lost gear posts are not uncommon. I'd throw it up there as well.

It is pretty odd that a kiteboarding mecca like OBX doesn't have a common forum. The industry & locals down there seem to avoid the limelight other than promotion of their own business needs. There is no obvious coming together of that community when there are beach access issues or other concerns. I've been scratching my head about that one for years, but whatever they are doing (or not doing) seems to be working. I love the place.

treegeek

Since 04 Aug 2013
24 Posts

PostFri May 06, 16 7:41 am     Reply with quote

I e-mailed Real and gave them the details...no response.

OBX Kiteboarding FB group is a closed group...

I had one guy pm me...lost his brand new board and was stoked that I found it. Unfortunately it wasn't his board.

I tried....

toddjb

Since 16 Oct 2007
271 Posts
MD
Obsessed

PostFri May 06, 16 1:38 pm     Reply with quote

treegeek wrote:

OBX Kiteboarding FB group is a closed group...

True, but if you just request to join, it'll be granted. Hopefully! Was same day for me.

Good luck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: