Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

OT? Lakeview Oregon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Occupied Columbia

Since 12 Nov 2011
376 Posts
Columbia City
Obsessed

PostMon Apr 04, 16 6:18 am    OT? Lakeview Oregon Reply with quote

Hi all, looking for some info on lakeview area. I'm scoping out some property 50mi east of Lakeview OR this coming weekend. They call it "the hang gliding capital of the west." I haven't seen mention of kite boarding in the area or MTB trails. There are lots of lakes so potential is there. Thanks

Bill C

Since 15 Sep 2005
202 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostMon Apr 04, 16 5:22 pm     Reply with quote

You might give Kite Zombies a call. They serve that area I believe.

http://www.kitezombies.com/

dude abides

Since 06 Apr 2014
52 Posts
Bend, OR

PostTue Apr 05, 16 9:17 am    Lakeview Reply with quote

Just drove by there for spring break. Winds happen often, but I was not able to check out Goose Lake or otherwise. seems like it should work. give us an update if you make it happen!

Occupied Columbia

Since 12 Nov 2011
376 Posts
Columbia City
Obsessed

PostTue Apr 05, 16 11:20 am     Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'll check out kite zombies. I found some info on MTB, snow ski area and snowmobile trails. The snow is melted now but good to know. I'll let you know on the kiteabilty of the area.

Snowkitesoldier

Since 14 Nov 2006
71 Posts
Hill City, ID

PostSun Apr 10, 16 12:58 pm     Reply with quote

Upper Klamath Lake(90 minute drive) has a launch on the south side. I know of one local guy who kites frequently. Afternoon winds are very predictable and frequent. Water quality may be an issue in some of the shallows.

Snowkitesoldier

Since 14 Nov 2006
71 Posts
Hill City, ID

PostSun Apr 10, 16 1:42 pm     Reply with quote

Upper Klamath Lake(90 minute drive) has a launch on the south side. I know of one local guy who kites frequently. Afternoon winds are very predictable and frequent. Water quality may be an issue in some of the shallows.

Occupied Columbia

Since 12 Nov 2011
376 Posts
Columbia City
Obsessed

PostTue Apr 12, 16 10:56 am     Reply with quote

I didn't do a good job of seek and destroy. It was windy in lakeview Saturday but headed east to look at property. Goose lake is south of lakeview and was likely good??? Sunday was not windy in lakeview nor Goose lake when we drove by at 10am.
I got a short MTB ride right out of downtown lakeview. If you like to climb long hills on your bike this place is for you.
P.S. I didn't get much cell coverage and missed your post on Klamath lake south launch. It was windy on the south end of klamath lake. I drove the East side going north looking for a spot to launch, but, the north end of the lake was much lighter than the south.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: