Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

OT - TREW outdoor gear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
OG

Since 07 Jun 2011
535 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Nov 17, 15 7:59 am    OT - TREW outdoor gear Reply with quote

upgrading the snow gear this year. Thinking about TREW. Thought Id ask to see what you guys think. Ive got Mountain Hardwear now, and am mostly happy with it (except that its pretty much ugly).

I snowboard, mostly just a steep and fast wide open rider. Do all of my riding in bounds these days.

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Nov 17, 15 8:35 am     Reply with quote

Their gear is excellent, they are local, and on top of it all super good guys. I have been riding in Trew for about about five years now with zero regrets. Stuff also works really well in places like France when flying speed wings...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7-IcEjxW0w

nw-ben

Since 22 Apr 2014
15 Posts

PostTue Nov 17, 15 7:20 pm     Reply with quote

I agree 100% with bambam. I have 2 jackets, a pair of pants, and a button up from them and they are all bombproof. My favorite is my cosmic jacket. 140 denier fabric. That's roughly double your average gore pro shell. It's 5 seasons old and looks brand new. I've never had a problem with waterproofing wetting out or failing. I did have a minor issue with a zipper but they took care of it right away. Super rad guys and really good gear. Looking at getting another pair of pants from them this year.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1804 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostTue Nov 17, 15 8:56 pm     Reply with quote

My Trew ski jacket is about to start its 6th season. Mine is a custom jacket made for the HRVHS ski team. It functions as new. The zippers remain flawless, the velcro is clean and grippy, the draw cords are tight and springy, the skirt buttons are perfect, and it's as waterproof as it was on day 1. I am super impressed with the quality and function.

Eric

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostTue Nov 17, 15 9:05 pm     Reply with quote

High gear was the best. Same fleece lined bibs going on 14 years and only the cuffs have been sewn up!!! Still no fading and over 600 plus days on them!!

1surfer

Since 20 Apr 2010
354 Posts
'Ualapu'e / High Rockies
Obsessed

PostWed Nov 18, 15 10:03 am    Bomber Reply with quote

SUPER BOMBER !!!!

Since 18 Aug 2008
14 Posts
PDX

PostWed Nov 18, 15 12:44 pm     Reply with quote

Might want to check out Homeschool Outerwear as well. Super bomber, waterproof and more breathable than other products. They are local as well...

airon^

Since 07 Aug 2013
289 Posts
Durango
Obsessed

PostWed Nov 18, 15 8:31 pm    nonsponsored opinion.... Reply with quote

this is quality stuff.

I originally bought their bibs because all their stuff looks so badass and i wanted to support local. It's not always the case that this works out. But 2 seasons in their shell material holds up well to all sorts of abuse.

I'm now likely going to get a Trew shell jacket and possibly their merino wool base layer. Their shell is advertised as a much higher breathability while still maintaining 20G waterproofing, way better than GoreTex.

lewmt

Since 04 Aug 2010
182 Posts
MT
Stoked

PostThu Nov 19, 15 7:09 am     Reply with quote

I have Trewth bibs I use snowkiting & they are the best I've ever owned by far. They are a little warm for skin & ride except on super cold (+10' or less) days. Well built, features thought through perfectly, zippers that work every time....lots of little details that go unnoticed until you've used stuff that isn't well built. I'm not local or sponsored in any respect but will buy more of their stuff in the future.

deminimis

Since 15 Jul 2014
326 Posts
On the Rocks
Obsessed

PostThu Nov 19, 15 11:38 am     Reply with quote

Trew jacket and bibs here. Going on 3rd or 4th season. Looks new. Good stuff.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1471 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Nov 20, 15 12:23 pm    30% off TRew today only. Reply with quote

Today only they're having a 30% off sale on their website.

https://trewgear.com/men/outerwear/

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostFri Nov 20, 15 1:17 pm    Re: 30% off TRew today only. Reply with quote

ldhr wrote:
Today only they're having a 30% off sale on their website.

https://trewgear.com/men/outerwear/

check the website or crackbook page good til the 23rd!!

toddjb

Since 16 Oct 2007
271 Posts
MD
Obsessed

PostFri Nov 20, 15 2:05 pm     Reply with quote

Great tips, thanks. I'll definitely check out some pants for this season from TREW.

FYI - if you don't want the current model year pants, look them up on backcountry dot com. They have last years on closeout for 60% off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: