Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Water levels update for the Corridor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostWed Oct 21, 15 12:46 pm    Water levels update for the Corridor Reply with quote

Well, I stand corrected (slightly) on my early response to a water level post in which I indicated that the water levels were a result of the low water reservoir levels.

Here is an update we just received via the CGKA, from our waterfront coordinator at the Port of Hood River:

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to pass on some information regarding the low pool. I spoke to Reservoir Control and apparently two valves (both the primary and back-up) broke at the fish ladder at Bonneville. These control the amount of water flowing through the ladder and now that they are not functioning, Reservoir Control has lowered the pool to keep the flow within safe limits for the fish to pass through. They have scheduled the repairs to be done by the end of November, but are hoping to finish sooner so they can raise the pool again.

So…now you have the inside scoop!

Liz
[i]

www.Purestokesports.com

Saildoogie

Since 16 Oct 2013
77 Posts
White Salmon, WA

PostWed Oct 21, 15 4:05 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the update! Good to know.

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostMon Nov 02, 15 7:52 pm     Reply with quote

water levels still way below the norm.
here's a couple of shots from stevenson today.
not sure how to go about, but maybe a great opportunity to add some pea gravel type rocks at launches like in stevenson. even with these low water levels, still a great place to foil board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: