Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Binding question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Oct 04, 15 3:02 pm    Binding question Reply with quote

Thinking of getting a pair ronix ones or Frank's or Preston . The last two seem pretty flexy and the one seems like their stiffest boot. Would appreciate any feedback from people riding with either boot. Thank you in advance

airon^

Since 07 Aug 2013
289 Posts
Durango
Obsessed

PostMon Oct 05, 15 10:03 am    Ronix Reply with quote

Been on the Parks (Bonifay) since I converted to boots 2-3 years ago. They've taken a beating and I've loved them. The right heel stitching has come apart but the boots are holding.

So, highly recommended. But I can't compare to others you mentioned.

consumer

Since 28 Nov 2010
406 Posts
banned
Obsessed

PostMon Oct 05, 15 1:39 pm     Reply with quote

I have 2011 Ronix Franks and they are still running strong. It's all about Stiff these days but i'd just go for saving $, they all ride well. Size is huge, in my opinion. I'm a 10.5 and I went with tighter (10) after I went with larger (11), it was a little uncomfortable at first but it is much nicer to ride with a snug/tight fit.

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Oct 05, 15 2:14 pm     Reply with quote

consumer wrote:
I have 2011 Ronix Franks and they are still running strong. It's all about Stiff these days but i'd just go for saving $, they all ride well. Size is huge, in my opinion. I'm a 10.5 and I went with tighter (10) after I went with larger (11), it was a little uncomfortable at first but it is much nicer to ride with a snug/tight fit.

everyone online says to go one size up with ronix, I am normally a 10.5 but thinking 12s !!

consumer

Since 28 Nov 2010
406 Posts
banned
Obsessed

PostMon Oct 05, 15 6:10 pm     Reply with quote

jerp wrote:
consumer wrote:

everyone online says to go one size up with ronix, I am normally a 10.5 but thinking 12s !!

Maybe there is something up with the newer models I don't know about... sorry if I am giving you bad advice.

Shef

Since 22 Oct 2014
62 Posts

PostMon Oct 05, 15 6:59 pm     Reply with quote

jerp wrote:
consumer wrote:

I have the Ronix Frank's and I agree with going up a size. I'm a 12 and ride a 13 and find it fits well. That way you could also wear a neo sock underneath in cold weather.

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Oct 05, 15 7:37 pm     Reply with quote

consumer wrote:
jerp wrote:
consumer wrote:

Maybe there is something up with the newer models I don't know about... sorry if I am giving you bad advice.
not at all, thank you the advice. Real world advice is always better than online reviews etc

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Oct 05, 15 7:38 pm     Reply with quote

Shef wrote:
jerp wrote:
consumer wrote:

I have the Ronix Frank's and I agree with going up a size. I'm a 12 and ride a 13 and find it fits well. That way you could also wear a neo sock underneath in cold weather.

Thanks... I think I will go with Frank's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: